summer with kid (5yo) and ocean activities: suggestions?

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

summer with kid (5yo) and ocean activities: suggestions?

Postby lorcar » Mon May 27, 2019 10:19 pm

hi everyone.
Was thinking to bring my 5yo daughter to some nice place maybe south Portugal or Canary Islands for this summer (say August). Since it will be just the two of us (no mum this time) would need something where there is some comfort (meaning no need to take scooter/car to go everywhere) and maybe some service (i.e. kids entertainment perhaps) but in particular water activities to engage kids, like surf lessons, sea tours, fish watching, boat trips, nature, etc

any suggestion or idea? any hint is welcome
thanks
l
lorcar

Re: summer with kid (5yo) and ocean activities: suggestions?

Postby Chris F » Tue May 28, 2019 8:50 am

Lanzarote? We've been twice with the kids. First time we stayed at Club La Santa, and i cycled over to Famara a few times to surf, as we didn't hire a car. There is loads to do there for kids and adults (it's a sports resort). Second time we stayed at Costa Teguise for a week and Playa Blanca for a week. Costa Teguise is OK if you are into windsurfing, but not a lot there otherwise. Playa Blanca has all you describe above (snorkeling, nice beaches, boat trips, kids activities) but a bit of a drive to North Coast for surf. Car hire is so cheap we just got one for the 2 weeks. Kids entertainment is usually provided by the accommodation you choose.
Chris F

Return to Surf Travel