longboard noseriding - where to learn ?

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

longboard noseriding - where to learn ?

Postby majordom » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:12 pm

hi

i want to learn to noseride on a longboard and looking to go somewhere warm
which has suitable long mellow breaks and a rental/school for tips and boards
and travel to breaks

would be 2 weeks in nov travelling solo

suggestions ?
majordom

Re: longboard noseriding - where to learn ?

Postby errantsurf » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:26 pm

Hey Majordom!

We offer longbvoard coaching lessons in Spain at http://www.errantsurf.com/loredo_overview.php we also stock a range of longboards including SurfTechs, Fat Face longboards and many more.

Have you had any coachign before?
Errant Surf

Surfing Holidays - ATOL Bonded flights - Surf Charter Boats - Surf Schools
(+44) 020 8133 6438 | www.errantsurf.com |
errantsurf

Postby Archy_is_God » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:47 am

Saunton! :lol:
Archy_is_God

Postby si-slow » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:46 pm

The errent guys are great i went on their longboard course at watergate a few years back it was excelent. am still trying to put into practice all i learnt. I have had a few other coaching sessions prior to theirs from others but none as good.
Just my opinion and experiance hope it helps.
si-slow

Postby Leedsol » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:32 am

You just need a good board really: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12447
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol

Postby goose_1989 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:50 am

lol leedsol you obviously believe the loose fit website too much.

noseriding - all you need is a 1+ft wave and a board above 9ft. easier with tail rocker and wide nose but can be done easily on a bic 9'2. or live the...

THE SAUNTON DREAM
give up real surfing, move to saunton, learnt to hang 5 in the first week, then never get any better at surfing in 20 years. enter hotdoggers comps regularly, get in courdoroy lines as a legendary surfer. Get laid by a bit of barnstaple jailbait by claiming you're in a magazine. Never ever surf a thruster again to avoid prooving yourself....... die, then come back to life as a clumsy zombie - this setback will not have any adverse effect on your surfing saunton ability.

surf croyde once. complain about everyone being aggro, head explodes from being the biggest cunt in the world ever. THATS RIGHT JL/NDL/JORY/MALPRACTISE. IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU . :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
goose_1989

Postby Archy_is_God » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:16 am

Ooooh savage...... funny, but savage.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Although I have to stick up for NDL at least-I'm sure he surfs Croyde quite a bit.... :lol:

Funny thing is, I'm sure Saunton is way busier these days anyway! :lol:
Archy_is_God

Postby Leedsol » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:02 pm

Sorry errant - didn't mean not go with youse just saying the orginal poster should not necessarily think a surftrip will do it but also make sure he's got the right board, then its a piece of piss

Goose - It's all in the words used fella.I said get a good board rather than a pricey one - seen guys shred and noseride on Bics for years, especially in France. Have just checked out what 'Loose Fit' is having not longboarded for about 4 years - expensive boards.

I had a McPhillips Performance board before this in the late 90's and it was too gunny to noseride tho' great at big Guethary hence the recommendation of the above board.

all my boards, but for this, are by backyard shapers and I wanna liquidate this to perhaps get another sub 6' board - I've just been loving smaller boards for the last 5-6 years really and feel that the longboarding years were fun but time wasted for me really.
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol

Postby majordom » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:57 pm

yeah i definitely need somewhere which has proper noseriders - experts
may be able to hang ten on anything but shape and hydrodynamics will help

also need long mellow peelers so i have some time for stepping

ill look into errant spain but to be honest was looking for somewhere
a bit warmer and exotic !

in the meantime wats the best pub in barnstable to meet jailbait :lol:
majordom

Postby North Devon Lad » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:52 pm

goose_1989 wrote:
THE SAUNTON DREAM
give up real surfing, move to saunton, learnt to hang 5 in the first week, then never get any better at surfing in 20 years. enter hotdoggers comps regularly, get in courdoroy lines as a legendary surfer. Get laid by a bit of barnstaple jailbait by claiming you're in a magazine. Never ever surf a thruster again to avoid prooving yourself....... die, then come back to life as a clumsy zombie - this setback will not have any adverse effect on your surfing saunton ability.

surf croyde once. complain about everyone being aggro, head explodes from being the biggest cunt in the world ever. THATS RIGHT JL/NDL/JORY/MALPRACTISE. IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU . :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goose you are such a queer!

Goose it may make you happy to know that I've hardly surfed Saunton or longboarded for the past couple months. Also some of the guys in the Hotdoggers, kill it on any board on any type of break. They're not all 50+ straightliners!

Oh yeah i'm going travelling next year again, prob wont take a log at all. Just thought we could hang out in Oz, because you are my idol. Maybe you could show me how to surf properly! 8)
http://gregnormansurfer.blogspot.com/
www.blackandwhitesurfcoltd.co.uk
www.tikisurf.co.uk
www.elusivesurf.com
www.obsessive-disorder.com
North Devon Lad

Postby J L » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:04 pm

goose_1989 wrote:lol leedsol you obviously believe the loose fit website too much.

noseriding - all you need is a 1+ft wave and a board above 9ft. easier with tail rocker and wide nose but can be done easily on a bic 9'2. or live the...

THE SAUNTON DREAM

Only just seen this, :shock: and however much I think you are a cunt Goose, I laughed my fucking arse off at it /\ /\ /\ .it was indeed very funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and for you info I am not going to renew my membership to the Hotdoggers next year (don't have the time) and I currently mostly ride my 6'4" (it's not a thruster), though I still love riding my 9'6 at saunton when conditions allow.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
J L

Return to Surf Travel