SOUTH WEST PORTUGAL ECO SURF TOUR - Natural Park of Southwes

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

SOUTH WEST PORTUGAL ECO SURF TOUR - Natural Park of Southwes

Postby Mel3D » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:25 am

Hi Everybody, my friend and a travel agent partner are planing an all iclusive surf trip tour starting the 6th of September meeting at the Airport of Faro same day.

Based at the south-western tip of the Iberian Peninsula, near Aljezur in the Algarve. From barrier island systems, lagoons and mountain ranges with rivers and water falls and traditional towns in the hinterland, to ancient remains left behind from Neolithic, Roman and Moorish periods, the Algarve has much more to offer than the sun and sea holidays it is most famous for. The Algarve has two coast lines; south and west facing, that differ in climate and infrastructure. .One of my favorite activities here being collecting exciting wild foods with tree strawberries and sea holly, to name a few.

Accommodation
Spend the week in a Villa, with mainly organic local produce, daily meals (excluding restaurant meals).

Activities
Daily surf checks, surfing excellent beaches with tailored coaching, the option to mountain bike and canoe in the Aljezur River which teems with birds. We take nature walks and explore local villages, some day trips to the South West Tip of Europe, with plenty of villages and beaches to explore.

Volunteering

The unique native woodland is overrun by introduced Australian eucalyptus-which supplies paper and pulp, and when it spreads plants do not grow beneath them, so when it rains the topsoil washes into the river and ocean. We offer the opportunity to help restore a small part of the original habitat - reintroducing indigenous trees. We have workshops on other topics too.

Visit historic sites and villages, local markets and enjoy the regional specialty foods. We walk among the beautiful flora along the cliffs, see numerous wildflower meadows, and the mixed Cork Oak and pine woodlands in the region.

Its going to be a week long, 10 spots left if you want to join us.

Send me a quick message if you need more info.

Melanie
Mel3D

Return to Surf Travel