Surf in/around Vigo

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

Surf in/around Vigo

Postby poulet » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:03 am

So I currently live in Punta Hermosa, Peru with an incredible set up. My apartment is right in front of 2 decent pointbreaks with another 3 or so breaks within easy walking distance and I could count the flat days a year on both hands.
However my job has changed considerably and got way shitter to the point that I may have to leave so I am thinking where to now? I am fully aware that I won't get the same set up easily anywhere else but have resigned myself to being further away from the surf. Portugal has always been an option but at the moment not many jobs going there, however I've seen a job in Vigo and was considering northern Spain as well, maybe around Oviedo?
Has anyone lived around that area and can give me any hints please? I'm not asking for you to blow up the spots, more like can I live in some quiet village (preferably near a surf spot or nice cove) near Vigo and get in and out of the town easily and have surf nearby? I've done a cursory check for Galicia spots and can see that it doesn't lack for swell but that it may get quite beefy during the winter months.
Anyhow any help/hints/general advice greatly appreciated, cheers
poulet

Re: Surf in/around Vigo

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:34 am

MAte - it's stunning there - me and the missus went feral right along that coast, camping n sand dunes etc, back then no-one spoke English, think stil a bit like that. Waves all the way along that coast, some of the most beautifl spots I have ever seen, Picos De Europ tumbling down into the sea - move there !
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Re: Surf in/around Vigo

Postby poulet » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:05 am

Cheers for the info mate!
I’ve managed to negotiate better (more like not as shit) working conditions so going to stay in Peru a bit longer. Much more likely I’m going to have to move at some point in the future so gonna keep Galicia in mind. The missus is Spanish and we always go back at Christmas to see family so gonna try to pop up and check it out in December.
Heard it’s one of the rainiest places in Europe so not sure if going in winter will sell it as much!! :lol:
Anyhow, thanks for the info, much appreciated!
poulet

Return to Surf Travel