Pyzel Phantom or JS Blak Box 2 Wanted

Looking for that special stick? Post an ad in here for things you are after!

Pyzel Phantom or JS Blak Box 2 Wanted

Postby reserves » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:49 pm

Wanted. 6’ 1” or 6’ 2” ideally, or if anyone knows anywhere that has demos.
reserves

Re: Pyzel Phantom or JS Blak Box 2 Wanted

Postby reserves » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:33 pm

Or anyone got anything similar?
reserves

Postby reserves » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:36 am

Oh well, guess have to buy one new
reserves

Postby mils » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Fancy a Phantom myself, or even a Ghost. Seem 2 come up second hand, but gone super quick.
mils

Postby reserves » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Yeah, they look good, probably going to custom order a Phantom in Electralite (their EPS model).

Usually only buy second hand, haven't even seen one in person, oh well...
reserves

Postby mils » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Don know where you live bud, but Ocean Magic near Newquay have a few in stock as do Secret Spot up norf.
I put my hands around a 6’1” Ghost and scared myself!
mils

Postby reserves » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:56 pm

They are made at Ocean Magic :)

Not sure what you mean about the Ghost?
reserves

Postby mils » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:43 pm

I meant that it’s a serious bit of kit, not really the daily driver it’s suggestedto be in the advertising.
mils

Postby Black » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:07 am

mils wrote:I meant that it’s a serious bit of kit, not really the daily driver it’s suggested to be in the advertising.
.... and I thought you were cracking a joke about seeing a ghost! :lol:

BTW I was waiting forever for a used 6'2" JS BB2 to turn up. Sorted myself out with something else in the end.
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby reserves » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:55 am

Black wrote:
mils wrote:I meant that it’s a serious bit of kit, not really the daily driver it’s suggested to be in the advertising.
.... and I thought you were cracking a joke about seeing a ghost! :lol:

BTW I was waiting forever for a used 6'2" JS BB2 to turn up. Sorted myself out with something else in the end.

What did you go for in the end?

I’m not obsessed with it being these two. I went on a coaching week andI was recommended by a surf coach to go with a ‘normal’ board, as I’ve been riding Tomo’s A lot, I was riding a Sci Fi which whilst super fun wasn’t letting me get away with much.

Basically I’m after a forgiving board that sits about my groveller, from video analysis sometimes my feet positioning is slightly off, I’m at the stage where I’m trying / improving top turns. Want to still be able to get in early as possible, however I’d like the board to feel exciting under my feet, I have a 6’ 4” Greedy Beaver which is stable enough to catch loads of waves, it’s fun but the Sci Fi felt like a different sport, super fun, but as I said not forgiving enough for me.
reserves

Postby Black » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:50 pm

I bought (for all the reasons you mention above) a 2nd hand Luke Young Cyborg (posted elsewhere on here about it - 5 fin) which came up at a good price so thought I'd give it a go and its turned out great. Allows for re-footing if you've cocked the drop which is about all that happens to me these days. I surf it as a quad all the time, its the "easiest" board I have.
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby reserves » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Black wrote:I bought (for all the reasons you mention above) a 2nd hand Luke Young Cyborg (posted elsewhere on here about it - 5 fin) which came up at a good price so thought I'd give it a go and its turned out great. Allows for re-footing if you've cocked the drop which is about all that happens to me these days. I surf it as a quad all the time, its the "easiest" board I have.

Sounds like a great find, I saw it on another thread.

Found a shop that has the Pyzel Phantom just around the corner! They had a 6’ 0, looked ace but those rails look so thin, the whole board did really so maybe too advanced for me.

Sold a lot of my quiver recently (Evo, Chumlee & Omni) so today thought I’d grab my Gulfstream Keel Fin which was shaped for me 3 years ago, i’ve never got on with it, only ridden it a handful of times. However today at Putsborough it was magic! Best surf i’ve had in a long long time. Forgot all about turning and bombed it down the line, got in super early, it took some fairly big drops, super fast and buttery smooth!

Sometimes it’s worth changing it up I guess :)
reserves

Return to Wanted