Leash parts

Looking for that special stick? Post an ad in here for things you are after!

Leash parts

Postby Black » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Help!

Okay I've looked on all the chinese sites and can't find anyone selling the bits. These days most come in 3 parts held together by grommeted swivels. For me they always fail on the ankle connection & I've now got four that just need the ankle part which you can attach in a minute with a hex key. Does anyone know where you can get just the ankle strap part from? Its insane to buy a new leash each time when they separate so easily and are obviously made separately and just grommeted together?

Thanks folks!
Never growing old together...
Black

Re: Leash parts

Postby thechimp » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:52 pm

http://www.smartleashco.com/how-it-works

worth a look,all depends on cost of postage.
thechimp

Postby Black » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:48 pm

thechimp wrote:http://www.smartleashco.com/how-it-works

worth a look,all depends on cost of postage.
Aw that's it precisely but it should be worldwide, get them over here and make a mint!
Black

Postby timb » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:41 pm

Are you saying that the cuff is failing ? How ? I've never had a cuff fail, all I've ever had is leashes snapping due to fin cuts or too thin a leash in too big surf, I've got an OAM cuff you can have if you want to pay p & p or collect in Cornwall
timb

Postby Black » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:43 pm

timb wrote:Are you saying that the cuff is failing ? How ? I've never had a cuff fail, all I've ever had is leashes snapping due to fin cuts or too thin a leash in too big surf, I've got an OAM cuff you can have if you want to pay p & p or collect in Cornwall
Yeah mine mostly break where the cord part is attached to the cuff. Maybe different folk have them break differently in which case this is going to turn into a "which leash bit have you got" thread! :lol:
I'm interested in your OAM cuff if it attaches to the cord by hex grommet thingy - where are you in Cornwall?
Black

Postby mister-griffster » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:06 pm

I've got some cuffs chap... think i may have an ankle one... i'm not sure if it has a sealed swivel in or not... i'll check
@mistergriffster
mister-griffster

Postby Black » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:26 pm

^^^^ Marvellous!

Obviously I'm happy to swap a cord + railsaver part - haven't really checked them 100% for nicks etc but it beats buying stuff!
Black

Postby timb » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:01 pm

Yeah it's a small Allen key fixing
I work in Bodmin and often drive around Cornwall
You can have it, I don't need anything in exchange it's just been in a draw for ages but in good condition
timb

Postby Black » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:22 pm

timb wrote:Yeah it's a small Allen key fixing
I work in Bodmin and often drive around Cornwall
You can have it, I don't need anything in exchange it's just been in a draw for ages but in good condition
Great, I'll pm you my address as you may pass close if you go up & down the A30 - if not then happy to meet somewhere that coincides with say a surf!
Black

Postby Black » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Thanks to timb I now have a working leash made from dead bits.

Interestingly on examination of all my leash parts and timb's there are at least 4 different ways these things are designed (some of mine go back a few years). The metal part the hex grommet goes through is on timb's cuff but on the cord part of two of mine (latest one's) so incompatible male/female fit. I did find a female fit on an older one which worked though so if you have enough options you should be okay.

I still think this is a good place to swap parts and save on landfill/resources but would only work for local pickup - maybe a location and a photo of the part to offer/swap would be good as there's some variety of design?

I'll put some pics up later of what I can offer.........

Another cuff with female connection would give me a spare leash so I'm still interested there!
Black

Postby Black » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Okay here goes nothing.....

I'm in central Cornwall.

This is what mostly happens to my leashes

I would like a cuff with female connection to take this male cord+railsaver (the male part is short - story of my life!)

I have on offer:
this male cord+railsaver with long male part!! That's the front one (Clayton) but just showing the comparison with shorty. Clearly a short male part will only fit a short female part but a long male will fit a short or long female connector - oy now stop that!

and finally a weird one - just a railsaver part with female connector - this is the only detachable railsaver part in my collection. Pic shows snapped cord still attached.

Well that took some effort but I don't want the world to fill with shyte just because it takes a bit of effort to redress that.

Actually I have another but it looks like it'll last 3 or 4 seconds before snappage!
Black

Return to Wanted