Dry your boots quicker

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Dry your boots quicker

Postby Black » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 pm

I usually put my boots on the boiler top where its warm to get them to dry quicker. I faff around propping them up against each other so the top end stays more open to let out moisture and they don't collapse closed. Sometimes they collapse anyway and the boots are still a bit wet (& stinky) when I use them next.

The other day I got fed up with faffing and turned round, took two plastic squash bottles from the recycling, cut the top & bottom off so I got a tube, then cut along the length so I end up with a springy tube that I can vary the width. So now I just squeeze the plastic into a narrower tube shape and shove it in the boot and let go, it springs out holding the boot top open and upright. Job done.
Never growing old together...
Black

Re: Dry your boots quicker

Postby insideout » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:25 am

Holy shit, put a logo on it and start selling them on eBay!
insideout

Postby Philshoz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 am

Nice one McGyver 8)

I use a newspaper rolled up tight and stuffed right up to the toes, draws the moisture and its reusable :idea:
Philshoz

Postby Black » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:13 am

What's this "newspaper" thing of which you speak? :-)

Update: The boots dry well and thoroughly now. It was spurred on by a new, more efficient boiler giving off less heat.
Never growing old together...
Black

Return to Wetsuits and gear