Typhoon Wetsuits

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Typhoon Wetsuits

Postby Frosty » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Looking for a new summer suit (3/2mm) and was going to go with O’Neill as they do a derby chest zip for around £105. Then came across a very similar spec on a typhoon front zip suit, anyone used one or owned one, what’s the quality like? Plenty of places seem to stock them but hard to find a decent review.

O’Neill - https://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/2018-on ... 24183.html

Typhoon - https://www.chelstondirect.com/mens-typ ... -navy.html
Frosty

Re: Typhoon Wetsuits

Postby Black » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Typhoon have been around in the diving market for decades so they must be doing something right. The sizing chart seems to cater for the more portly chap. Fit is almost everything though!
Sorry no actual current experience :lol:
Never growing old together...
Black

Re: Typhoon Wetsuits

Postby BoredatWork925 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:31 pm

I can second the above advice - fit is a priority above build quality. Any loose bits on a suit will let water in and chill you (the whole layer of water keeping you warm thing is a ridiculous myth - the more water a wetsuit keeps out, the warmer you will be). On the other hand, if a suit is too tight then it can restrict your movement, it'll effectively be thinner because its stretched, and it'll be harder to take on and off. Getting a suit that fits you correctly all over is really difficult, so I'd prioritise fit over make - order both and see which fits better. To answer your question though, I know nothing about the quality of Typhoon, but can vouch for O'Neill as being some of the best quality of the peg suits I've ever owned.
BoredatWork925

Return to Wetsuits and gear