Finisterre wetsuit - Initial thoughts....

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Re: Finisterre wetsuit - Initial thoughts....

Postby Ozric » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:41 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:^^ alright Al - any hints on getting XCcel crab claw mitts on & off - bought a pair to replace lost gloves and punched myself in the stomach, nuts & ear at the weekend getting the f*ckers on never mind off - size XL. Was trying to stretch them last night in front of fire, got them stuck on my hands again , raging about the living room - think their sizing is wrong.

XL !!!!!!!!!!
I find medium big enough. didn't think you looked much bigger than me last time I saw you.
Not sure how to solve your issue. Personally don't pay the extra for drylock.........infinity crabclaw.
Was desperate enough for a wave last weekend to drive west for a couple of hours of Tangy. Nice clean fun till the tide filled in........
Ozric

Postby Jory » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:55 am

I'll chime in too.

Didnt really use my test suit until after xmas as it was too warm to need it ( was in a vissla 4mm but thats a different thread!)

Since then its had an average amount of winter use and i'm still impressed. It's still really warm - even in last weekends bitter NE winds i barely felt like i was in winter waves. It's still great to paddle in and it looks almost brand new. I have had a few threads pull loose on the stitching as previously noted but the seams are still water tight.

The hood is still a bit irritating but as i mentioned its been redesigned on the production suits so thats not really valid criticism.

Mate has a 4mm which has been plenty warm enough locally so far too.

Overall i stand by my original comments. Its a really good winter suit and is holding up at least as well as anything else ive owned on its second winter!
Jory

Postby Archy_is_God » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Shame they are unlikely to continue making them... I guess the test suits will become collectors items now!
Archy_is_God

Postby Leven » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Archy_is_God wrote:Shame they are unlikely to continue making them... I guess the test suits will become collectors items now!

Are they? How come?
Leven

Postby Archy_is_God » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:43 pm

I thought I read something recently that suggested that they were not going to pursue their wetsuit line, but could be going mad....

Actually, I am - I only read the headline and not the article

http://www.driftsurfing.eu/finisterre-hang-wetsuits/

I think the expression is 'doh'. :oops:
Archy_is_God

Postby russneversleeps » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:31 am

The suits do look good, but I can't get past thinking that this is the same company that is charging £25 for a tin mug.
russneversleeps

Postby Black » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:32 am

...and £25 FOR A PLASTIC COAT HANGER OH SORRY WETSUIT HANGER :roll:
Sorry, caps lock havoc.
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby prjwebb » Fri May 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Has anyone replaced the hood string with an elastic one? What did you use? It annoys me that I can't pull my hood down around my neck because the string is too tight.

I was also going to ask at body line if they are able to adjust the hood as its way to big for my head.

Aside from the hood my only criticism is the tight angles and that's been changed for production too.
prjwebb

Postby Leven » Sat May 28, 2016 5:58 pm

prjwebb wrote:Has anyone replaced the hood string with an elastic one? What did you use? It annoys me that I can't pull my hood down around my neck because the string is too tight.

I was also going to ask at body line if they are able to adjust the hood as its way to big for my head.

Aside from the hood my only criticism is the tight angles and that's been changed for production too.

Yeah, I replaced the string in mine, and got Bodyline to cut some neoprene out of the hood to make it smaller. Think he charged me £15 or something.

You're not wearing it currently in the SW are you? You must be melting!
Leven

Postby prjwebb » Sat May 28, 2016 9:34 pm

I've barely been in tbh and when I have it's been so inconsistent I've been sat around so long it's been ok. But yeah it's toasty.

I'll drop it over to body line when I get a chance. Nice one.
prjwebb

Postby Chrisisted » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:16 pm

If you call finisterre they will send you some elasticated string
Chrisisted

Postby prjwebb » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 am

I got some from Truro fabrics or something. Sorted. After a week of good weather it's gonna be put any until November now though.
prjwebb

Postby thechimp » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:56 am

http://stabmag.com/news/improving-the-w ... e-recycle/

Interesting this on an aussie site and not on MSW.
thechimp

Previous

Return to Wetsuits and gear