a very good reason to buy a patagonia

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

a very good reason to buy a patagonia

Postby zboy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:44 pm

2015 Oct bought a r4 hooded wettie, worn every surf until march 2016. Issues of seam failure on the inside, two 1 inch tape section had peeled away.So i phoned up the place i bought it from and they straight away got in touch with manchester office they straight away said they would send me a new suit which will be delivered straight away.They gave me a return address and said a courier will arrive on Tuesday for pick up!!! what service jus thought i would share HAPPY SPRING SURFING :-D :-)
zboy

Re: a very good reason to buy a patagonia

Postby Black » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Call me cynical but you don't have the replacement yet do you?
My life experience tells me never to celebrate until I have the thing in my hands erm as it were, you know..... :lol:
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby zboy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:43 am

yes indeed, I will forgo the party until parcel :-D
zboy

Postby JoeSchmoe » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:27 am

Sorry Black, but I can kind of back this story up...

At the end of last winter I got a fin slice in my r3 (it would've been 2 years old at least at the time). Phoned up Patagonia to ask if I could just black witch it and they said send it to us, and we'll fix it.

A couple of days after it'd been sent off (they paid for the postage I think) they called and said they couldn't repair it - and would I mind if they sent me a new one. They also said that because it was the end of the winter and they had none left in my size, I could either have an unhooded r3 and a hood, or wait until the 2016 winter stock came in and have one then.

Received the suit in September, and been wearing it all winter.
JoeSchmoe

Postby Black » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:14 am

JoeSchmoe wrote:Sorry Black, but I can kind of back this story up...
Ha yes, I was just suggesting caution before the dot goes on the i.
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby zboy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:11 pm

Just to add to a boring story, the dialogue was by way of email and cc'ed to the appropriate parties but nonetheless very impressive!!! unlike my dealings with the shop on this site!!!
zboy

Postby JoeSchmoe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:49 am

Black wrote:Ha yes, I was just suggesting caution before the dot goes on the i.

Which makes sense :O) (also, your nineplus response is brilliant)

I do agree with Z tho - all the emails and calls I had with Patagonia were super friendly and helpful
JoeSchmoe

Postby zboy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:09 pm

So true to there word i've just arrived home and i have just opened a box with a patagonia R4 hooded which is gr8t because im looking at the charts and friday/saturday/and sunday look off the charts yippeee :-D :-D
zboy

Postby prjwebb » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:04 pm

Yeah you can't fault their service. I had a gen2 R3 that was ripping my armpits to pieces. They took it in for repair at the end of the season and put some tapes on the armpits to stop the issue. At the start of the following winter I tried the repaired suit, it was even worse. Armpits shredded in <2 hour session.
They took that suit back and exchanged it for a gen 3 R3. I wore that for the start of that winter but quickly switched back to an old suit as the new gen of R3, although higher build spec and way lighter was just too thin all round to keep me warm mid winter. I got into contract with Patagonia and after a little persuasion they agreed that this wasn't as warm as the older gen R3 and to get what use I could out of it that season and they'd replace it with a gen 4 when they were released.
I opted to pay a little extra and ended up with a gen 4 R4 which is a great suit.

That said I just picked up one of the unused test suits from Finisterre for £100 so I'm looking forward to trying that out!
prjwebb

Postby zboy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Great service, look forward to a report on the finisterre suit they look good, the company reminds me of an English version of Patagonia :-)
zboy

Postby usedtobe69 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:41 pm

zboy wrote:Great service, look forward to a report on the finisterre suit they look good, the company reminds me of an English version of Patagonia :-)

Are they not just a cool rebranded slightly tweaked xcel designed by someone who used to work at xcel made in the same factory in thailand using the same glues etc that fall to bits after a season?
usedtobe69

Postby Leven » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:04 pm

usedtobe69 wrote:
zboy wrote:Great service, look forward to a report on the finisterre suit they look good, the company reminds me of an English version of Patagonia :-)

Are they not just a cool rebranded slightly tweaked xcel designed by someone who used to work at xcel made in the same factory in thailand using the same glues etc that fall to bits after a season?

Not quite....

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=43113&start=30
Leven

Postby usedtobe69 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:16 pm

Leven wrote:
usedtobe69 wrote:

Not quite....

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=43113&start=30

you sure?
usedtobe69

Postby Leven » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Well,my suit is now a winter and a half in plus a summer of spearing, and it's still in great condition. No leaks, no loose threads etc. My last Xcel lasted less than half a winter before falling apart.

Just because things are made in the same place doesn't mean they're identical.
Leven

Postby zboy » Sat May 07, 2016 2:19 pm

i don't have a problem buying the suit it is what it is, excel, pata, oneill, they all cost a fortune, but smiles per miles is where it is at. so long as it keeps me in the water (atlantic)in the winter who cares.
zboy

Return to Wetsuits and gear