Hoods n gloves

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Hoods n gloves

Postby Gary, » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:49 am

Hi guys. I have never been one for wearing hoods, and don't really like gloves too much either, bit stubborn like that. Now I have exostosis, so figured I would start wearing a hood. I got a infinity hood from the store. But when I try it on its so tight around the chin that it feels like some sort of "duck pout" training device! :shock: is this normal? I mean serious fish face! I am now concerned that if I wear it in the sea I may one day undo my leash and swim off to spend the rest of my days with the other aquatic life forms! Does this mean I will require the next size up? All joking aside it's a bit brutal on the neck when pulling it over my head too. Also got the infinity 3mm gloves which seem great but a little Cumbersome wondering if I should get the 1.5mm ones? Are they any good? Cheers chaps for any advice!
Gary,

Re: Hoods n gloves

Postby Black » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:36 am

Sounds like you bought online without trying on. Go to a shop, try a few on & buy the ones you're happy with. For the few quid you save online you will pay for in hassle and bad fit etc. Flog or return the non fitting ones if you can.
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Gary, » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:55 am

I am guilty as charged! Gloves fit fine, just now wondered if thinner 1.5mm would be a better option. I can send it all back for free anyway. And it was loads cheaper than in the local shops, and as much as I like to support local business, the difference is huge. I do hear what your saying though.
Gary,

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:13 pm

1.5mm probably are too thin to be blindstitched properly (from experience) and will leak and be cold as there's no insulation either. If you want thin then Marigolds are probably better.
Kenny

Postby Gary, » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:01 am

Cheers for the advice guys 8)
Gary,

Return to Wetsuits and gear