Finsterre Fit

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Finsterre Fit

Postby nick1c » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Like Goat I have taken advantage of the recent Finisterre sale & bought a wetsuit (4mm Large). I am a L in Rip Curl & LS in O'Neill (L is ok but a tad long in the leg) The Finisterre suit is fractionally tighter around the chest and an inch or so longer in the leg compared to my Rip Curl, although the claimed max chest size is larger (105 vs 107 cm). I love the reputation for longevity, the leg tabs & can put up with the extra length but am concerned about the chest. I am 176 tall, 90Kg & have a 110cm chest (& sparrow legs). Has anyone of similar size changed from Rip Curl to Finisterre & if so how did you find the fit? The only definite way I can find out is by using it, which could be an expensive option if it doesn't fit.
nick1c

Re: Finsterre Fit

Postby Black » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:28 pm

Ok how many times can I say, if it fits in the shop just buy it - fit is almost everything - just try and buy, end of. The worst scenario is its a tad small or large not totally wrong?
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby nick1c » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:13 am

Thanks Black. I know how important fit is. I have owned wetsuits that have seemed initially comfortable & have chafed & ones that seemed tight in the shop which have been fine. That is why I asked for others experiences rather than just opinions.
nick1c

Postby Leven » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:14 am

They generally come up a little smaller than other brands.
Leven

Postby Goat » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:15 am

I'm usually a Medium. 5'10" , slender build but quite muscular. I couldn't even get into a Medium Finisterre wetsuit, past the waist. Went for a medium/large and that fits OK. Large would have been too big I think.

But yeah, if the fit is only slightly off,hopefully you'll be OK.
Goat

Postby Black » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:20 am

Sorry if I was a little terse but the wetsuit fit questions do my head in.

Am I right that you've ordered it and got the thing at home? If so, how can someone else tell you better how it fits???
Never growing old together...
Black

Return to Wetsuits and gear