Stoke surf today!

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Stoke surf today!

Postby Black » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Goat wrote:4-5ft glass at Rest Bay today, pouring with rain - the water looking like liquid mercury with raindrops bouncing off. Perfect. :-)
Love those rare magical natural effects - who needs to have a good surf with that stuff going on?
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby lefty » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:37 pm

last 2 days have been quality...

that is all 8)
lefty

Postby Surfy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:55 am

Got in with El Jan, Harkii and the Local Orca (ATTMFKH) - his new suit giving him a second reason to be called free willy - a few clean ones getting through but mostly white rumbling shite, cracking weather though.

Surfy
Surfy

Postby Black » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:18 am

^^^ :lol:
Black

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 am

Surfy wrote:Got in with El Jan, Harkii and the Local Orca (ATTMFKH) - his new suit giving him a second reason to be called free willy - a few clean ones getting through but mostly white rumbling shite, cracking weather though.

Surfy

tide dropped out when you left, cleaned up, barrels spittin like yo' mama, free cold beer on the beach after, with homemade Indian curries and other good stuff I don't have time to tell you about :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby lefty » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 am

lefty wrote:last 2 days have been quality...

that is all 8)

make that the last 3 day 8)

back home to no swell :arrow:
lefty

Postby Leven » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:40 pm

One word....Puuuuummmmppppiinnnggg!! Some proper fun little North Coast barrels yesterday!
Leven

Postby tootes » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:29 pm

week off so 5 surfs, 3 on a sup, 1 on a single fin carpet and one on a twinnie fish. Diversity. SUP far more fun than I expected now I have got the hang of catching waves standing up.

Sunday was best, pumping on the fish.

here's a smiley from my daughter Georgie who is sat next to me.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Postby Goat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:34 pm

Yeah, what an incredible run of swell!

Both days last weekend, Tuesday after work (do able if leave at 4 in the lighter months) and again this weekend just gone. Every session a belter. But I reckon Saturday just gone was the most fun. Wave after wave of 3-4ft and playful faces. And actually felt like the first proper day of spring.
Goat

Postby Black » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Well today was nice, weather, swell and fairly empty - had a peak to myself at busytown!!
I surfed reasonably for me which hasn't been the case much recently AND I didn't kill anyone!
I'll give it 7.5 out of 10 :-)
Black

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed May 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Me , Harkii & the Janitor in down the local in a hefty storm - I got washed back off the jump off, nearly collected the Janny & was swiftly sooked off the slab, nearly another dry jump to pain.

Was absolutely mental - paddling for the outside, there was no outside - relentless walls of white water.

Janny got held under , swallowed water, puked and was out after 3 waves. :lol: :lol:

Me & Harkii paddled for a solid 2 hours - serious workout, couldn't stop laughing at the effort we were putting in for f*ck all reward - probably one of the shittiest surfs of 2018 but also one of the funniest.
ATTMFKH

Postby Leven » Wed May 02, 2018 4:17 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Me , Harkii & the Janitor in down the local in a hefty storm - I got washed back off the jump off, nearly collected the Janny & was swiftly sooked off the slab, nearly another dry jump to pain.

Was absolutely mental - paddling for the outside, there was no outside - relentless walls of white water.

Janny got held under , swallowed water, puked and was out after 3 waves. :lol: :lol:

Me & Harkii paddled for a solid 2 hours - serious workout, couldn't stop laughing at the effort we were putting in for f*ck all reward - probably one of the shittiest surfs of 2018 but also one of the funniest.

Yeeeaaaahhh! Similar to mine today...

Been reading a book about big wave surfers, and it's made me fancy some solid stuff. Went out today...x2overhead, howling cross-shore wind, bumps and lumps all over the place. Took a beating and rode one shoulder!
Leven

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu May 03, 2018 4:23 pm

^^ Ours was half the size of yours , 1 proper good wave, the very first one, the rest were pish.
ATTMFKH

Postby Black » Fri May 04, 2018 5:45 pm

Quite a pleasant session around lunchtime today! Good times. :-)
Black

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun May 06, 2018 9:38 pm

nice sunny warm surf this morning - wind never came up as forecast so was pretty clean green Atlantic sauce - not very big but fun in the sun 8)
ATTMFKH

Postby Philchapman » Mon May 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Any decorators or graffiti artists in the house? I'm looking for a shade of grey. Basically what I need is the right colour to spray/paint over the lenses of two local webcams, so that it looks like there's a permanent sea mist, which there kind of was today. The reason? I had an hour on my own this morning, before I was joined by one mate for another hour. Then the crowds descended, and by the time there were 5 or 6 other surfers out, I thought 'fuck this, I'm out of here'... On a main north Cornish beach. On a bank holiday monday. Whoop whoop! :P
Shamanarchy in the U.K.
Philchapman

Postby briggfoot » Wed May 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Philchapman wrote:Any decorators or graffiti artists in the house? I'm looking for a shade of grey. Basically what I need is the right colour to spray/paint over the lenses of two local webcams, so that it looks like there's a permanent sea mist, which there kind of was today. The reason? I had an hour on my own this morning, before I was joined by one mate for another hour. Then the crowds descended, and by the time there were 5 or 6 other surfers out, I thought 'fuck this, I'm out of here'... On a main north Cornish beach. On a bank holiday monday. Whoop whoop! :P

Surfing is dead? Last year's news.....we can only hope!
briggfoot

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu May 10, 2018 9:40 am

Me Harkii & Gordo in down the local - quite chunky - fixed the big heavy glassed log and was battering though flat spots, chop, anything else - forgot how much of a beast the board is - some nice big drops and walled up inside over the rocks :-)

MorningLight Surfboards

ATTMFKH

Postby jam bo » Thu May 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Philchapman wrote:Any decorators or graffiti artists in the house? I'm looking for a shade of grey. Basically what I need is the right colour to spray/paint over the lenses of two local webcams, so that it looks like there's a permanent sea mist, which there kind of was today. The reason? I had an hour on my own this morning, before I was joined by one mate for another hour. Then the crowds descended, and by the time there were 5 or 6 other surfers out, I thought 'fuck this, I'm out of here'... On a main north Cornish beach. On a bank holiday monday. Whoop whoop! :P

they were all at polzeath....

counted about 40 in the water at 8am.
jam bo

Postby thechimp » Thu May 10, 2018 10:28 pm

jam bo wrote:
they were all at polzeath....

counted about 40 in the water at 8am.

Can never understand why, unless you live in the village, or maybe are on a family holiday in the valley, anyone would bother to go to 'Zeath' on a Bank holiday when there are better waves with free parking, but with a longish walk on the same conditions not that far way. I'm not talking about the sheltered spots either.
You would'nt be increasing Mr. Zeaths bank balance either, you know, everything but the beach car park.
thechimp

Postby jam bo » Fri May 11, 2018 6:24 am

Easy drive from my house, in the water at 6, out by 9, park free at new polzeath on the front, most consistent beach break on that section of coast.
jam bo

Postby buttholesurfer » Fri May 11, 2018 9:26 pm

^^^^ what make of board do you ride?
buttholesurfer

Postby jam bo » Fri May 11, 2018 10:00 pm

FCD

Didn’t drop in on you did I?
jam bo

Postby lefty » Sun May 13, 2018 6:31 pm

had a great surf yesterday, took a new board out so took a couple waves to get the feel of it.

caught about 20 waves, only a couple of us out for the first hour until the lineup filled out.

i moved away from the pack and caught a bunch more slighlty smaller waves but was nice and peacefull all session.

one thing that did bug me very slightly was a long boarder... everytime he caught a wave he would hold his hand up as if stopping traffic / waving to his invisible friend.

he was doing no harm to anyone and enjoying himself, so i shouldn’t knock him.

with the hand wave though mate ? :lol:
lefty

Postby thechimp » Sun May 13, 2018 10:18 pm

lefty wrote: waving to his invisible friend.

:lol:

probably matey in his 'Mystic' XS wettie!!
thechimp

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon May 14, 2018 9:31 pm

Me and the Janny (now reclassified as a Facilities Assistant :-)) clear blue skies, a wee Atlantic swell, last day of winter wettie on the West coast :-)

ATTMFKH

Postby Surfy » Tue May 15, 2018 9:54 am

https://imgur.com/a/CeYi3Tv

Looking good mate.
Surfy

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue May 15, 2018 10:10 am

:la:
ATTMFKH

Postby MV2local » Tue May 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Was in Montalivet (Gironde/ France) last week and wooptiedoo was it "on" there, especially on Monday: clean, lined up OH walls with a light side/ off wind and a beautiful sand bank that produced long rides of more than 100m and just a handful of surfers in the water!

Blue skies nearly turned it into paradise. The only thing that could've been better was the water itself: bloody cold, and brown. Was able to surf in my 4/3 without gloves and shoes though which is better than back home.
Paddled around for about 3hours and them my arms fell off :-D :-D :-D

Not that I was never 'unhooked' but a session like this now and then hooks me line and sinker to this past time; really makes one (me) realise how flippin cool surfing is.
Still got stoke coming our of my ears. Woohoo! :bounce:
MV2local

Postby Black » Thu May 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Ah winter is but a fading memory as we have warmth, light winds and a pleasant clean swell.
Went to Godrevy and had a good session. I was beginning to think they were a thing of the past!
:-) :-D :-)
Black

PreviousNext

Return to General