C'mon... introduce yerself

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Re: C'mon... introduce yerself

Postby boardmonk » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:14 am

Yoyo

Im a new yorker who recently moved to San Francisco after 10 years in Beijing. I picked up bodyboarding this summer and started taking on bigger and bigger waves! Now I'm totally addicted.

Also I'm starting to work on a website for surf videos - http://boardmonks.tv. Send me your favs and I'll get them on there! PM me or email me directly at Boardmonk@gmail.com,
boardmonk

Postby Nitrover » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:59 pm

I can't be the only new user since December 5, am I? Haha!

Anyway, I'm John. I know, how generic can I get, right?

I'm here because I enjoy surfing. I suppose I'm in the company of like-minded people.

Oh, and RI represent!
"Waves are not measured in feet and inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent
Nitrover

Postby danielmooney » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Dan, from Glasgow (In Scotland if you didn't know).

Been surfing for a couple of years now, but still relatively inexperienced and 18 years old. If anybody from around the area's ever giving lifts please please please give me a shout, always looking to get away.

Currently riding a 6' 3" Bomb by Matt Adams down in Newquay from Adams shapes, love her to pieces.

Anyhow, if there's any other Glaswegians out there looking for a surf bud, please don't hesitate to hit me up!
danielmooney

Postby Tombomb » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:54 am

Hi guys, I've just joined as I have bought my first board and intend to do more surfing!
Name: Tom
Board: 6'4" Seren

I had my first lessons about 5 years ago in Australia while backpacking, and have surfed on average about once a year since. Typically in the summer when I go camping in Devon - Croyde Bay.

I've always wanted to do more surfing, but I dont live anywhere near the coast :-( I bought the board randomly as a drunk ebay purchase and so now I better use it!

I haven't surfed the north east before, so anyone nearby who wants to get together then please give me a shout!

Cheers,

Tom

Tombomb

Postby tootes » Mon May 11, 2015 11:51 am

if you are quite new to surfing Tom, I would get a few beers inside you and get on ebay but looking for a board with a bit more volume and you'll catch more waves and have more fun.
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Postby Chris F » Tue May 12, 2015 8:20 am

And while those beers are in you, get a decent wetsuit as well! NE is a bit chillier than SW.
Chris F

Postby Tombomb » Tue May 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Cheers for the heads up guys - I know I've got a board for a more competent person there, but I'll see how I get on for now. Only one mad ebay purchase at a time ;)

and yes I think a thicker wetsuit is in order - I only have a summer 2/3mm job!
Tombomb

Postby Sherwood » Wed May 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi,

Thought I'd introduce myself as I know very few surfers. I'm relatively new to surfing as I live in Nottingham. I have a 7ft bic mini mal. I usual surf in North Devon or Cornwall.

Hope to get to know a few people on here

Cheers

Rob
Sherwood

Postby nickGT » Thu May 28, 2015 1:59 am

I'm Nick and originally from London. After working in the city for a few years I decided to pack up and move to Australia!

I'm now living in Burleigh Heads which is on the Gold Coast. Living so close to the ocean I thought it would be criminal to not giving surfing a go and less than a month later I'm hooked!
nickGT

Postby Doddify » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Alright.
Doddify

Postby Dorset_Dude » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Scott from Portland (Dorset)

I used to surf/body-board regularly in my teens and early twenties, however this came to an end as work and kids got in the way...fast forward 20+ years and here I am at 41 with the urge to get back in the surf. I'm on the look out for a magic carpet board and have a weeks holiday in Cornwall booked soon to try and hone my skills!! (should be fun or painful!!!!)

If any of you are from Dorset and would be willing to drag an old fat guy out for a surf, message me as I need to get as much practice as possible!!!

Scotty :twisted:
Dorset_Dude

Postby Noush » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:57 am

Hey, I'm Noush, it's easier than going through the whole painful pronunciation process of Anouska, first surf trip to Croyde last summer and it was totally flat for the duration, was the most heartbreaking thing EVER. Saved by one pathetic wave and a paddleboard. Have since surfed in Morocco, Porto, flailed about in the sea in Norfolk, and watched a lone surfer on a beach full of waves in Northern Ireland and wondered why I hadn't got my shit together and got my own board by then.

Name - Noush
Location - Leicester/Somerset
Age - 36
Surfing - 8 days under my belt so far, so a total newb here
Boards - Don't own one yet, but looking at a 7ft6 mini mal as my first after surviving one in Porto
Occupation - I design Shoes

Nice to meet y'all..
Noush

Postby Magicman987 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi I'm Martyn I live in Newbury. I'm 31 haven't surfed for around 10years due to wife kids. Now just starting to get back into it as I've missed it massively. I usually travel to Newquay or Bude to surf or Bournemouth when it's not a mill pond lol. I'd really like to start meeting up with some people to surf with if anyone fancies it.
Magicman987

Postby CutbackBretto » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:34 am

G'day I'm Bretto from the Sunshine Coast in Australia. I've been surfing for about 20 years... I'm 40 but I feel like I'm 28 :)
I work for myself, so I'm pretty lucky to be able to get out during the day when the breaks are pretty empty... well sort of anyway.
CutbackBretto

Postby Hoppimike » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi, I don't surf yet (just bodyboarding as a kid and really enjoyed it) but I want to try soon and also get chatting to the community!

I'm also into gaming, music, hippy stuff and just hanging out and I live in Kent :)
To support myself and help others I am currently supporting a health company so check it out if you'd like: http://tiny.cc/markusrothkranz
Hoppimike

Re: C'mon... introduce yerself INTERVIEW

Postby campervandyke » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:05 pm

Hello all. I am new to this community and am currently working on a college project that requires an interview of a member of a discourse community such as this one. Anyone that is interested, please pm me! Thanks
campervandyke

Postby JJGreenberg » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:25 am

Hi all. Noob surfer from Port Alberni/Tofino (western Canada). 48 yrs old. My wife rented me a board and a superhero outfit and it was love at first swell. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from the community here and hope I can give back when I can.
JJGreenberg

Postby logie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi

Thought I'd say hello instead of becoming a lurker (again). I've been surfing for the last 8 years or so and know the forum but have never had an account (used to use my ex's).

My rides are a 9'1 Mark Martinson Robert August and a 9'0 Fluid Juice.

Due to being land locked I've also got (probably too many) skate/longboards.
logie

Postby JonSaintAgnes » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:34 pm

New to the forum and new to surfing.

Had a week at Biarritz and another down in Devon at Saunton Sands. I'm 35, live in London and am totally hooked, can't wait to get back into the water. Next trip is in 2 weeks back to Devon. I'm here to get info on buying my first board.
JonSaintAgnes

Postby roberdy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:09 pm

JonSaintAgnes wrote:New to the forum and new to surfing.

Had a week at Biarritz and another down in Devon at Saunton Sands. I'm 35, live in London and am totally hooked, can't wait to get back into the water. Next trip is in 2 weeks back to Devon. I'm here to get info on buying my first board.

Welcome along Jon, what's the reference to St Agnes about?
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Black » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:24 pm

I'm betting he had sex with said lady and caught a nasty rash...
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby JonSaintAgnes » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:43 am

roberdy wrote:
JonSaintAgnes wrote:New to the forum and new to surfing.

Welcome along Jon, what's the reference to St Agnes about?

Thanks! Saint Agnes is actually my band as well as a surf spot I aim to get to later this year.
JonSaintAgnes

Postby roberdy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:01 am

JonSaintAgnes wrote:Thanks! Saint Agnes is actually my band as well as a surf spot I aim to get to later this year.

Well mate, being from St Agnes, I would suggest you don't rush to surf there, plenty of other spots around where a beginner is more likely to get waves. Plus the hill to the beach is a bitch after a long session....
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby JonSaintAgnes » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:05 am

roberdy wrote:
JonSaintAgnes wrote:Thanks! Saint Agnes is actually my band as well as a surf spot I aim to get to later this year.

Well mate, being from St Agnes, I would suggest you don't rush to surf there, plenty of other spots around where a beginner is more likely to get waves. Plus the hill to the beach is a bitch after a long session....

Thanks for the heads up. I think my 'new to the sport' excitement means as soon as I hear of a surf spot I think "I have to go there". Might stick with Saunton Sands for the next few trips as its a very beginner friendly seeming wave.
JonSaintAgnes

Postby Surfy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Surfy (Cant believe this username wasn't taken)

Stay in Ayrshire, just bought a board and cant wait to get in the water on it (7ft, Two Bare Feet, Softtop)

Me and a couple of mates are giving it a blast through the winter, cant wait!

:-D
Surfy

Postby Jeevan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:12 pm

Hey I am a uni student and I am recently getting into surfing. I have a few questions on the subculture in which surfing has such as the clothing, language and even maybe music. I have read some articles/books such as Adolescent subcultures and delinquency, (from Schwendinger, H., & Schwendinger,J.R.S.) however I feel by speaking on here is much better than reading loads of books lol and I would have a much better understanding. Thanks :)
Jeevan

Postby Bobby Nguyen » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi, My name is Bobby.
Last edited by Bobby Nguyen on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Nguyen

Postby Bobby Nguyen » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi guys I'm Bobby.
Last edited by Bobby Nguyen on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Nguyen

Postby dwijip » Mon May 16, 2016 12:07 am

Hi guys I'm a surf videographer based in New Zealand. I am a filmmaker by trade and a keen surfer as well.
Have been making little surf video sketches and putting them on youtube for a while
Working on a mini doco at the moment as well
Attachments
vlcsnap-2016-05-14-15h24m35s189.jpg
vlcsnap-2016-05-14-15h24m35s189.jpg (48.81 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
dwijip

Postby dwijip » Mon May 16, 2016 12:08 am

vlcsnap-2016-05-14-15h24m35s189.jpg
vlcsnap-2016-05-14-15h24m35s189.jpg (48.81 KiB) Viewed 4194 times

Hi guys I'm a surf videographer based in New Zealand. I am a filmmaker by trade and a keen surfer as well.
Have been making little surf video sketches and putting them on youtube for a while
Working on a mini doco at the moment as well
dwijip

PreviousNext

Return to General