C'mon... introduce yerself

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Re: C'mon... introduce yerself

Postby Novakane » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Hey mofos.
Just thought I'd say hello to everyone. Definite newbie when it comes to surfing (only the once in new zealand) but am looking to start a new hobbie now I'm back in the UK. Heading out to croyde in North Devon in like a months time to get some more practice in.
So if anyone has any tips, advice or even a heads up on croyde , please share that knowledge (even meet for a surf and a few beers if anyone's interested?)
One love
Novakane

Postby JayP » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Hey mr novakane. Welcome to the forum but you should have been here yesterday when it was going off! Its going through a flat spell at the moment that may last some time. Every now and again an old git pops up though to moan about something.

As for Croyde - avoid low tide when it will be full of rippers if its any good. Saunton is a better bet for learning at.

My advice on surfing in general - don't start. There are many better hobbies to take up that are wayyy easier to learn. Its the road to ruin I tell thee!!!
JayP

Postby Novakane » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:12 am

Thanks for that jayp. Looking forward to it definitely!
You live local to that area? Not sure whether to just rent a board and go for it or pay for an advanced lesson. Cheers
Novakane

Postby Nilaul » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi! I'm Paul, parents are polish but i'm from Greece. Learnt to surf in Greece; on surprisingly consistent waves. Kolymbythra is where I learnt to surf. Great surfsport; consistent however I would consider it a beginner spot as the waves don't barrel (probably due to the geometry of the area) and are not steep. There are spots which barrel consistently when they are set off however Kolymbythra isn't one of them; which is a shame. Still love it though.
Nilaul

Postby supermike » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Hey, I'm Mike.

Born in California but moved back to Norway with parents. Snowboard/skiing/skateboarding are my guilty pleasures. Currently traveling around the world, trying to make my mind and decide what to do with my life. Cannabis enthusiast, outgoing, feeling like I'm always 16 (no, really!). Open to communication.

Nice to meet you all!
I help to run this: sweedsy.com // Come visit us.
I also travel around the world.
I love ocean.
I do care.
supermike

Postby roberdy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:43 am

supermike wrote:Cannabis enthusiast

Seems like a contradiction in terms to me but I guess it is all relative :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby MV2local » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Dutch mid-life crisis, desk jockey, intermediate, kooky, keen, bad kneed, slightly overweight git.

Picked up surfing about 5 years ago now; back in the day I used to windsurf a lot but stopped when I went to uni (picked up climbing actually). I try to be in the sea whenever there's good waves (been flat nearly all of last month... grrr).
Surf the 'Maasvlakte 2' (just under the port of Rotterdam) most of the time.

Quiver:
- small wave planing hull by Ectic (5'6, awesome board)
- hybrid-ish 6'4, flat bottomed, very low rocker PU custom (so-so board)
- recycled windsurf board (Mistral Diamondhead) turned into a Mini Simmons (5'8, awesome I shaped it even though it doesn't surf exceptionally well)
MV2local

Postby CarmenEsp » Sat May 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Hello, my name is Carmen and I love surf, music, nature and travel. I live in Granada (Spain), surfing in Sagres.
CarmenEsp

Postby baskinglark » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:39 pm

Hello m'names baskinglark I'm 36 single and from Devon. Pretty new to surfing been at it for about 2 years on and off had two lessons just recently bought a new wetsuit. Currently I'm borrowing a friends old surfboard and had it for over 2 years, so I'd like to buy a new one if anything so I can return my mates surfboard. (Or I could be a cheapskate and just keep his board and hope he forgets about it). Hope to hit the waves more regularly and maybe make friends along the way :)
baskinglark

Postby OctopusPrime » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Hey guys and gals. I'm new here. (today)
I've learned how to surf when I was living in Tofino, British Columbia and since then I've been hooked. Would love to try different waters in the near future. Other than that, I'm about to get married and I can't wait to go on the honeymoon and get my future wife to enjoy surfing for the first time.
OctopusPrime

Postby Pearl Rodriquez » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:43 am

Hi everyone, I am Pearl
Pearl Rodriquez

Postby troutlips » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:10 pm

hi folks troutlips back from the dead
love talking pish tae fish
troutlips

Postby wazz d » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi all! new to the forum. Looks great and plenty of knowledge shared!
Been surfing for about 7 years, home spot would be Bundoran, Ireland.
Currently residing in Huddersfield for uni, my go to spot here is Scarborough or Cayton bay and the odd trip down south to Devon or Cornwall :-)
wazz d

Postby Rdube123 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Hello I am richa from India.
Technology Blogger
Rdube123

Postby roberdy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:49 am

Rdube123 wrote:Hello I am richa from India.

Hello Richa, where do you surf?
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Phillington248 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Morning all!

I'm phil, and I'm new to the forum :)

I've been a part time surfer for most my life, but due to external circumstances I'm not often found out back.

I started surfing in Perranporth in the early 2000s, spent a few years getting caught inside at Llangennith, tore myself and my board up on the Helvetia, rekindled the flame in Aus at Manly, got some rides at Green Island and Bendalong in Nsw, and have been stuck inland for the past 7 yrs.

Recently found out I'm moving to Truro in a few months and have been given permission by SWMBO that I can start surfing again, and thusly I wanted to say hi :)

I'm so stoked to be within striking distance of some swell again, can't wait to see y'all out there :D

P.s. I promise not to drop in, and ill wait my turn :)
Phil
Phillington248

Postby andrew waltrip » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:15 am

my names Andrew,im not old enough to drink, but old enough to drive. i live in Florida, and have been surfing for about 2 years, ive got a big 9', a beautiful ti ribbed 7'6, and a sweet little double finned 5'5 im single, not really sure about sexual preferences as i haven't had much experience in that sense, but i prefer girls to guys indefinentally. i usually take a board with me where ever i go, and consider pensacola beach my home. :mrgreen:
andrew waltrip

Previous

Return to General