Stoke the best medicine?

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Stoke the best medicine?

Postby jago25_98 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:16 am

Haven't been able to surf much at all over the summer.

Been tired, needing 10 or 11 hours sleep a day. Even worse when I eat.

Got so bad I started to see doctors about it.

Finally had a surf today after months and feel a lot better.

Some boffins reckon the ozone in the spray is good for the body, especially combined with trace minerals in sea water.

Perhaps the body gets dependent on it?

Did you find you get forgetful and stuff over the flat months?
Don't wanna waste doctors time!
http://www.moneybutnofixedabode.blogspot.com
jago25_98

Re: Stoke the best medicine?

Postby Black » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:40 am

I get plagued by thoughts of illness and death. Troubled with pains, lumps and ridiculous creakiness. When I hit the surf it vanishes and I become alive again. It wears off after a few days so I tend to try surf every few days just to stop the nonsense.
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Philchapman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66B5Kuq0BcY

Negative Ions innit. It's not that we become dependent on it, it's that we evolved to be in a natural environment, not surrounded by wireless technology and strong EMFs that block the natural frequencies of the earth. Some people are the 'canaries in the coal mine' and feel it more than others, but it affects us all. It feels good to reconnect with the natural world only because we have habitually become disconnected.

You need to eat; the question is what are you eating that is making you feel worse, and what can you eat to make you feel better?
Shamanarchy in the U.K.
Philchapman

Postby mils » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:13 am

Sometimes it just takes a different perspective. I've been out for six weeks due to a medial ligament tear. I stopped looking at surfboards for sale, considered retiring as the injury wouldn't repair, stopped looking at forecasts and I live 100 yards from the Atlantic.
Didn't feel sorry for myself, no point.
Yesterday, very gingerly i surfed my V Bowls in 2'+ semi close outs and was utterly stoked. The knee didn't give way and I'm still ok today and looking forward to tomorrow's swell.

Sort of Humanist perspective approach, I guess.

Of course serious illness is another matter.
mils

Postby Black » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:28 pm

mils wrote:Sometimes it just takes a different perspective. I've been out for six weeks due to a medial ligament tear. I stopped looking at surfboards for sale, considered retiring as the injury wouldn't repair, stopped looking at forecasts and I live 100 yards from the Atlantic.
Didn't feel sorry for myself, no point.
Yesterday, very gingerly i surfed my V Bowls in 2'+ semi close outs and was utterly stoked. The knee didn't give way and I'm still ok today and looking forward to tomorrow's swell.

Sort of Humanist perspective approach, I guess.

Of course serious illness is another matter.
Hope you make a full recovery. I'm expecting some big chunks coming through tomorrow so take care! I pretty much wrote myself off about 8 years ago after damage and xrays showing my knees need replacing - each year since they have improved and I'm now happy to be surfing without too much compromise, so it is possible to return from a no hope scenario. Anyway there's a lot more to life than surfing and it is probably richer too!
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby mils » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:07 am

Chees Black, glad your still out there. Yes, I'm coming looks 'interesting'!
Funny enough, when I stopped surfing I became more relaxed. No worrying about winds, tides, crowds, which spot to head for..etc

Now it's all back.. Great swell shit winds......August traffic and crowds.
Nice to be back 8)
mils

Return to General