Stoke surf today!

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Stoke surf today!

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:56 pm

wee sneaky one today with the usual suspects..........ssssshhhhh

Janitors 9'8" Don ........good start, nice sized clean waves

bad finish - he had to break into his car. :lol: :lol:

you can blame Black for giving me a GoPro mount for all the water shots :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by ATTMFKH on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Vince Noir » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 am

^

ive done this before, but for future reference i think its cheaper to break the big window instead of the smaller triangle one.
Vince Noir

Postby jam bo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:47 pm

baltic dawny on the south coast this morning. last wave made it worthwhile. drove home in my wetsuit, wind was so frickin cold i couldn't face getting changed in it.
jam bo

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Vince Noir wrote:^

ive done this before, but for future reference i think its cheaper to break the big window instead of the smaller triangle one.

It is Mr Noir - that wee window is bonded - the others can be sorted quick & cheap .
ATTMFKH

Postby Vince Noir » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:24 am

fun windy waves on the dropping tide saturday
Vince Noir

Postby Black » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Some fun lunchtime waves today with very light winds for once! I've just about remembered how to surf.
Air temps so warm down here I was questioning all the rubber I was putting on. Summer is coming!
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 am

pretty mad one on Saturday with the usual suspects. Some fast ones, some big ones, some comedy dismounts & a wee nasty hold down to remind me who the boss is .................
ATTMFKH

Postby Tomdiddlybomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:39 pm

3 hours at my favourite right point, shoulder high, sun shining :-D
high tide was a bit fat and I had to take off almost on top of a boulder to catch the wedges bouncing off it
then as it dropped it got shallower, steeper, and faster! my little keel fish covers so much ground when you need it to, and carries that speed through the turns
STOKED
Tomdiddlybomb

Postby jam bo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:21 pm

After getting a thorough kicking on Sunday and failing to catch more than one decent wave, I skived this afternoon and went back to polzeath. 100x better, wind had backed right off and was almost glassy at times, surfed til my arm stopped working and I couldnt feel my toes anymore.

jam bo

Postby Chris F » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:06 pm

great shot
Chris F

Postby Vince Noir » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 am

Chris F wrote:great shot

shame theres no waves
Vince Noir

Postby Chris F » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:06 pm

Get a car moanyboy.
Chris F

Postby Archy_is_God » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Surprisingly satisfying surf today at a quality reefbreak with just one other peep..
Archy_is_God

Postby Surfy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Some atlantic juice this morning at dawn, only me in - with the exception of a big seal stalking.

First time being in myself in a long time, Harkii and ATTMFKH otherwise occupied and the Janitor could only make it later - bit eerie :lol:

Gotta be done sometimes

Surfy
Surfy

Postby insideout » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Well, just finished 4 weeks in Mexico. Based in Puerto Escondido and tripped around the area.

Surfed the following spots:

- Zicatela - World famous solid beachie, crowded but can always get a wave, multiple peaks up and down the beach.

- Colotepic - 15 mins from Puerto Escondido, beach break with lots of peaks, apparently crocodiles in the area (didn’t see any.)

- Carazillio - Right hand shallow, sharp reef, heavily localised, surfed it 5 times no problems. Another time got called out the water before I even got out to the take off area. Worth giving it a try though! Epic fast clean inside section.

- La Punta - Left hand, sand bottom point, 5 mins from Zicatela, die hard local kids don’t give a fuck about tourists. Won’t get many waves when it’s on. The locals sit in a pack and drop in behind the rocks and snake everyone.

- Playa Rocha - 40 mins ride/drive north of Puerto Escondido, right hand sand bottom point break. Empty only ever saw two local kids there.

- Chacahua - Remote island 1km long sand bottom point, accessible by boat only. Surfed with 5/6 others max, no problems with locals or snakes! So many waves unridden!

- Barra de la Cruz - 2 hours south of Puerto, need a decent 4x4 to get down to the spots. Sand bottom right hand point, saw a guy longboarding and one other kook. Never crowded, no locals.

- La Bocca - Sand bottom, reefy/point, few locals but got plenty of waves. Just got to respect them.

On the whole had an epic trip, surfed so many epic waves. Food is cheap and good, Accomodation is cheap and good, car hire and motorbike hire is expensive, taxis are cheap though!

This trip made me wonder why I did so many Indo trips, there is so many right hand waves completely uncrowded. It’s pretty remote though, ok to go with your Mrs or a group of lads.

If you guys have any questions let me know!
insideout

Postby Black » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:00 pm

^^^ Did you need to make it clear to the locals you were english and not a Trumpette?
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Vince Noir » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:16 am

few chunky waves yesterday, waters not too bad.
Vince Noir

Postby lefty » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:21 pm

caught a bunch of good waves today which brightened up the spooky ass spot that i was surfing at, including the last wave of the session..! stoked!

:bounce:
lefty

Postby Vince Noir » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:41 pm

lovely waves tonight, only a few in at the peak. lovely.
Vince Noir

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Vince Noir wrote:lovely waves tonight, only a few in at the peak. lovely.

^^^ sounds Lovely :lol:
ATTMFKH

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:18 am

1st after work surf of the year with Harky & the Janitor - shoulder high clean zippers - some lovely waves coming through 8) :mrgreen:
ATTMFKH

Postby Chris F » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:31 am

sounds lovely.
Chris F

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Chris F wrote:sounds lovely.

hahahahaha cnut
ATTMFKH

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:53 am

Got in yesterday with the Janitor - was shaping up to be pretty shite , then the session saver appeared. wave breaks , rolls through and cleans up all the bumps, next one sucks up and walls up, nice drop, bottom turn up to top , highline, drop down , back up to top, repeat for 100m + :mrgreen:

Phoned the janny this morning to swap waves & aches & pains - said few options sat & sun - sunday looking better - are you in mate - and he said - 'My girlfriend is looking for a house or flat for both of us and is going to view them at 3 and 4 0'clock, but I told her low tide was at 12' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: classic
ATTMFKH

Postby c-lad fantastic » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:04 pm

Had a pretty good session on Saturday at Bantham. First decent surf for me since early January.

If you're the guy who thought that I was going to take your head off when I was taking off on my last wave, I apologise, I had it all under control, honest!
c-lad fantastic

Postby WeAreMemories » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:56 am

c-lad fantastic wrote:Had a pretty good session on Saturday at Bantham. First decent surf for me since early January.

If you're the guy who thought that I was going to take your head off when I was taking off on my last wave, I apologise, I had it all under control, honest!

Yeah, Sat morning around 0830hrs @ Bantham was fun, some decent chunks coming through around high 8)
WeAreMemories

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Me, the Janny, Harkii & the Last SUPper , trading shoulder high clean Atlantic walls during the Magic Hour on a Sundowner session last Thursday - it was shite for a while, magic, then shite again :-)
ATTMFKH

Postby tootes » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:04 pm

2018 so far has been a mixed bag of surfing for sure, but all in all the 2017/2018 winter is defo going down as the best season I have had, some amazing east coast sessions, some mentioned on this thread, many not.

Back to the last month or so, seen everything from long long long mellow waves on the 14ft race sup to a reef that likes to get very ugly on the take off and that I have mainly surfed in very heavy weather, at times unable to see paddling back up the point due to the rain smashing my face.

I have fixed 3 boards over one weekend and promptly smashed one up the following day on the rocks at Pease, a reef I have never had a board damaged on before despite surfing it for nearly 15 years now (is it really that long!!).

Wetsuit boots are difficult to use in deep snow I have discovered, but I did manage to Surf and Ski in one day in my own village after the beast from the east.

I set out in Jan with the intention of using the boards I don't often ride so:
6.3 Superfish - Had a couple of sessions on this but nothing outstanding - waiting for a good day with a bit of punch.
9.0 surf sup is actually good fun to use, now that I am getting used to the take off. Flapping a paddle around is pretty tedious though, but the whole standing to take off is quite cool. It has been fun learning a new type of surfing. I have caught more waves on my 14ft race board, just by tooling round the coast.
7ft magic carpet - forgotten how good this board is, perfect for the heavy weather reef mentioned above, easy to turn, forgiving blah blah, such a great board.
6.4 Webber After Burner - not ridden as yet - still not even waxed it.

More swell on the way, next week off as well.
Last edited by tootes on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Postby Vince Noir » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:21 pm

some big waves last Wednesday, horrid rip at fittie tho
Vince Noir

Postby Goat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:57 pm

4-5ft glass at Rest Bay today, pouring with rain - the water looking like liquid mercury with raindrops bouncing off. Perfect. :-)
Goat

PreviousNext

Return to General