Stoke surf today!

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells and more. Everyone and anyone welcome.
Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Stoke surf today!

Postby Leven » Mon May 28, 2018 8:49 pm

Small waves all weekend...had some trimming fun on the longboard.

Mega busy though. Bring back winter!
Leven

Postby Philchapman » Tue May 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Me too. Trimtastic voyages. I don't mind winter, but it's good to be in less neoprene.
Shamanarchy in the U.K.
Philchapman

Postby Vince Noir » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:50 pm

shite windswell, brushed the dust off the arms and shoulders though
Vince Noir

Postby Chris F » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:41 am

Vince, you must be desperate getting stoked for getting in in that...
Chris F

Postby Vince Noir » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:56 am

Chris F wrote:Vince, you must be desperate getting stoked for getting in in that...

wrong thread it seems haha. had the racing ski out last sat, water was lovely and calm. real nice paddle down to fitte and along the reef
Vince Noir

Postby Black » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Some clean fun walls pushing through today if a little soft. Getting along well with the surftech, fun bit of kit! :oops:
Summer suit on at last! Time to disinfect the winter kit and hide away for another season. Would be happy never to wear that stuff again.
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby jam bo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Nice solid 3ft at polzeath this morning pushing up to high tide. Long wait between sets.

Think I even saw the legendary surfmatt doing a reo...
jam bo

Postby Leven » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:11 am

Well, after yesterday totally under delivering, the dawnie this morning was awesome!

2ft, wedgey, hollow, peaky, sunshine, warm....few little head dips too, and a smashing in the shorey!
Leven

Postby Leven » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:12 am

Black wrote:Some clean fun walls pushing through today if a little soft. Getting along well with the surftech, fun bit of kit! :oops:
Summer suit on at last! Time to disinfect the winter kit and hide away for another season. Would be happy never to wear that stuff again.

Been in summer kit for a month!
Leven

Postby Black » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Leven wrote:
Black wrote:Some clean fun walls pushing through today if a little soft. Getting along well with the surftech, fun bit of kit! :oops:

Been in summer kit for a month!
Yeah I've become a wimp!
Black

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:05 am

Got in with Harky & the Janitor on his new Irish Log ................... front end of Storm Hector, went in 1 hour earlier (tide wise) cos we knew it would get bigger & bigger and more mental as the light was fading - needed to make sure we could get out.

Started off pretty lame & ended up pumping with a little precautionary visit by the Coastguard :lol: :lol:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Black » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Well I wasn't expecting much but some really fun walls today in Newquay bay - stoked I can actually surf given the right opportunity. :-) :-)
This pretty much confirms my thoughts that its all that winter rubber that destroys my surf ability!
Black

Postby Leven » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:17 am

Well, not really a surf, but a lovely SUP around St Michaels Mount...nice to see it from the opposite direction!
Leven

Postby tootes » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:43 am

Just back from two weeks in Menorca with the Isup, got two surfs in, one on hard to access reef opposite my place, the other on one of the north coast, nice set up but my Isup surfs like a dog and I ran onto dry reef on my forth wave and ripped the fin out, never to be seen again.

Gonna take hard board to leave out there in Oct, probably a surf sup so I can use it on flat as well, but will stick my old 6.4 webber in the bag.

Shallow reef with a sketchy take off, especially on a slow board.
wheels and water blog
http://tootes.blogspot.com/
Eco Kindle Blog
http://ecokindle.blogspot.com/
tootes

Postby Voyager » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:22 pm

last night Widemouth Bay Cornwall, 5' and glassy!
The vibe out there was right on the money, beautiful sunset, then that moon came up, full and glistening gold and silver on the water.

Such a good vibe between the surfers, as is so often the case as Widdy. People whooping and werewolfing it up as night came and we bagged the last glassy waves in the full moonlight.

Utter utter utter magic!
Voyager

Postby Black » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Waves - forgot what they were! Empty too.
Black

Postby Philshoz » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Black wrote:Waves - forgot what they were! Empty too.

You need a SUP Black, it's the only type of stoke at the mo.......

Next week for sure :wink:
Philshoz

Postby Vince Noir » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:16 am

2 days of really rippy southerly swell up here, so great to see waves again and had a few decent ones. the most fantastic sunset ive ever seen while in the sea on saturday night too
Vince Noir

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:36 pm

Brilliant surf with the Janitor - our local as good as it gets - overhead & pretty clean - caught some belters and got whomped on a few air drops to nothing - then the best Clash tribute band in the UK , Combat Rock on Saturday night with the missus and numerous beers :bounce: :bounce: oh & G won le TDF ..........................if Carlsberg did Saturdays :-)
ATTMFKH

Postby Surfy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:12 pm

Just back from a week in Bali, was staying in Canggu and surfed old mans pretty much every day, really struggled with the size on a few of the days as it was 4m+, Caught some belters on the smaller days and got chucked about on the bigger ones, also had a go at padang padang, not the big barreling tube but the wee lump of a wave on the right at the beach (I think its bingin) - totally out of my league, but i caught a few smaller ones and ended up getting dumped on the reef -but i gave it a go! not sure if ill ever be able to contend with some of the guys and competition out there - but generally found everyone i surfed with/near to be super friendly.

Would go back in heartbeat

G
Surfy

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:38 pm

^^ welcome back Sonny - see you down the road tonight , not quite Indo :-) :-)
ATTMFKH

Postby thechimp » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:29 am

Surfy wrote:Just back from a week in Bali, was staying in Canggu and surfed old mans pretty much every day, really struggled with the size on a few of the days as it was 4m+, Caught some belters on the smaller days and got chucked about on the bigger ones, also had a go at padang padang, not the big barreling tube but the wee lump of a wave on the right at the beach (I think its bingin) - totally out of my league, but i caught a few smaller ones and ended up getting dumped on the reef -but i gave it a go! not sure if ill ever be able to contend with some of the guys and competition out there - but generally found everyone i surfed with/near to be super friendly.

Would go back in heartbeat

G

good honest post, we have had some massive swells this winter in Oz, those purple blobs in the SW southern ocean have all been heading up to Indo, and last week was the biggest, the guy in this pic lost his board on this duckdive attempt at ULU,then swam way out and down the reef to get in.
Attachments
37796230_10156002230775950_2493666675006636032_n.jpg
37796230_10156002230775950_2493666675006636032_n.jpg (55 KiB) Viewed 11949 times
thechimp

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:05 am

Not bad surf last down the local, quite chunky early then backed off - 2 1/2 hours in. 10 minutes riding waves, 1 1/2 hours paddling, 50 minutes insulting each other , great night :lol: :lol: :lol:
ATTMFKH

Postby Black » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:15 pm

Not often you see a forecast sooo utterly wrong...
Headhigh plus set waves with enough grunt to snap a poor chaps longboard. Definitely not the 2-3 pap they forecast.
AND wall to wall sunshine with light offshores.
The only downside was, I had a massive hangover as I was expecting it to be the usual shit we've had for the last 2-3 months. :lol:
:-D :-D
Black

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:09 am

Drove for miles on Saturday chasing rainbows, eventually back to 1st spot, had fire on beach , waited for tide to drop and swell to properly kick in - paddled out at 8.15 with the sun setting behind us - stayed in till 9.40, pitch black stumble coming out.

Really difficult to pick out waves in the dark - wee glimmer on the horizon made the horizon look like a wave walling up in front of you but never came - approaching waves barely visible, surfing over rocks in the darkness, sensation of speed was brilliant ..................loved it. A real mood lifter, just what I was needing :-)
ATTMFKH

Postby Voyager » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Black wrote:Not often you see a forecast sooo utterly wrong...
Headhigh plus set waves with enough grunt to snap a poor chaps longboard. Definitely not the 2-3 pap they forecast.
The only downside was, I had a massive hangover as I was expecting it to be the usual shit we've had for the last 2-3 months. :lol:

Black was this down in Widemouth Bay?
my only downside on Sunday was , I'd used all my beans up paddling like a crazy person on Saturday, total 5 hours in the water, so when Sunday came
...I could only manage an hour :sad2: ...it was soooooo good
Voyager

Postby Black » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Voyager wrote:
my only downside on Sunday was , I'd used all my beans up paddling like a crazy person on Saturday, total 5 hours in the water, so when Sunday came
I was at Perranporth. Had the sense to paddle a mile down the beach to find emptiness - so worth it.
Black

Postby mountain man » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Fucking hell, this place is really dying on it's arse. About 10 posts in last 6 months?
mountain man

Postby thechimp » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:25 am

Black wrote:
Voyager wrote:
I was at Perranporth. Had the sense to paddle a mile down the beach to find emptiness - so worth it.

Watch out for used needles near the Watering Hole, yep Treliske's post gone viral. :-(
thechimp

Postby Black » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:09 am

thechimp wrote:Watch out for used needles near the Watering Hole, yep Treliske's post gone viral. :-(
Oh crap! Something I associate more with Newquay. Chances must be almost nil in reality though (he hopes).
Black

PreviousNext

Return to General