Surf / Day Van for sale

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Surf / Day Van for sale

Postby Buddy001 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi folks,

I'm selling my van, originally converted for my sons karting but it's also a great day van and with most of the work already done it will be a perfect surf van too. It's also clean so not your usual bikers race van or anything (had to be nice enough for the wife 8) ) Sadly my son is now sick & karting is off the table.
I've put lots of love into this van, and would prefer it went to a good home.

Details below (Van in the Dunbar area of Scotland)

Link to Gumtree ad & pics here https://www.gumtree.com/p/campervans-mo ... 1216465762

Renault Master 2.5TD Race / Surf / Day Van (total 3 people while driving )

BIG DOUBLE BED almost king size (mattress not included) sits over rear storage area designed for Adults Rotax kart, tools, gazebo, trolley etc. Would be great for surf boards bikes etc
Seating area with new specially made to fit foam seat cushions makes additional single bed areas suitable for kids or adult at a squeeze.
X2 Storage cupboard built behind seats
Large Storage area over cab
Kitchen area has a small microwave, twin gas burner and sink with 12v tap, water & waste containers underneath. There's also space for a 12v powered cool box or fridge to be fitted. ( We used a 12v coolbox)
2kw plinth heater fitted under seating to keep you toasty on those cold days.
TV bracket suitable for a small flat screenTV
Smart adjustable privacy blind between cab & rear quarters
Fire extinguisher & fire blanket included
Cab has a new stereo fitted with USB & Aux options & new speakers.
Side step fitted under side door area.
So what's not done..?
The 240v hookup is basic and uses an extension socket with surge protection just now, we've used it this way connected to a generator and it's been great however our intention was always to have it installed properly with 12v and 240v hookup. Some items below haven't been finished as you need space to fit the cables etc.
We bought a nice flooring but never installed it waiting for the cupboard doors and 240 electric setup. You can have the flooring with the van.
Lower cupboard doors have been cut but haven't been finished or installed for the same reason (plus injury). You will get these with the van.
The gas hobs haven't been connected yet same reasons as above.
Lighting currently is a 240v LED setup plugged into the 240v as mentioned above. There is also a 12v setup in the ceiling which is controlled from the cab and currently runs from the main starter battery, this was to be changed when we had the electrics done.

The Van

Was an NHS Patient Transport ambulance so kept very clean and driven at 50mph max. Serviced extremely well all it's running life by NHS garage. We have added 7000 miles while karting and it's been serviced too.
We decided to change the timing belt too just to be safe.
New brighter headlight bulbs fitted, x4 New tyres fitted all around with x1 spare and x1 extra spare tyre, New rear air suspension bags for a smooth ride, New power steering pipes, a new side door roller, and the brakes were all serviced, checked and renewed as needed. The skylight / roof vent has also been resealed properly with motorhome mastik ready for the conversion so should last another 7- 10 years drip free!
The front cab seats have been cleaned and then covered with new faux suede and faux leather seat covers.
I've also fitted a rear reversing camera for parking convenience.
The rear side windows have been tinted and boarded and the front cab windows have air / drip brow vents fitted too.
It's a great van, starts first time, drives really well, it's really comfy, it's not overly noisy like most vans and it's in great shape. There are a few minor rust spots appearing which wouldn't take a lot to rectify. The Van was well sealed by the NHS conversion team so the chassis & body is amazing for a 13yr old van.

So why sell it if it’s so good?

That’s the hard part, firstly I was injured recently and so finishing the van is not possible for me and my son has also had to quit karting for the same reason. Frankly that means we could keep it for weekend use but without the karting it will probably sit idle for too long when it could be getting used by someone who needs it, and lets be honest the money could be back in our pockets for more important things just now.

This will be great for Family fun, karting, surfing or anything else you can think of, just park up and have all thee facilities you need.

Add a motorhome table and fit the cupboard doors and you can register it fully as a motorhome which means cheap insurance and tax too.
Buddy001

Return to For Sale