Asked to rip a cd

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Asked to rip a cd

Postby Black » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:59 pm

Some years ago my son, whose cd drive on his computer had stopped working, asked me to do some mp3s of a cd he had purchased to put on his phone.
I knew the name of the band and remembered one time I saw a bit of live performance on tv and enjoyed it, so I listened to the music as it ripped to mp3.
I was really impressed, so much so I thought it must be a "best of" album. I also kept the mp3s on my computer and made a cd for the car too. I'm a dinosaur of music and still live in 70's prog heaven and rarely venture out of that comfort zone, which makes this exceptional.
Anyway it turns out it was "just another" of their albums. I played it a lot after that and discovered that "Invaders Must Die" is great pre-surf wake-up sounds too.
Sadly front man Keith Flint took his life the other day and I found myself really bummed about it.
There is still a fair bit of their music I haven't heard yet so I can look forward to that but not to any more in the future with KF.
RIP Keith Flint - for what its worth I thought your time here was fruitful.
Never growing old together...
Black

Re: Asked to rip a cd

Postby morris » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:43 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesblunt/s ... 2803399682

Seems like he was a genuinely nice guy too...
morris

Re: Asked to rip a cd

Postby Black » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:46 pm

Yes, Brian May told a similar story too.
Never growing old together...
Black

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)