The great big MSW protest thread!

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Saw this vid on Stab just now and figured I'd share. Also figured it may be good to hear what other social/political/economic/environmental/etc. injustices grate your goat - so I've started this thread. Post up rants, vids, blogs, links, anything you think is important to be heard... if you please.

http://www.surfingforchange.com/

And, for Well Chilled especially, there is also this coming up next weekend I believe.

http://www.sas.org.uk/news/sas-news/big ... lean-2014/
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3834
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Kamikaze » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:34 pm

I'd like to protest about people protesting about things that they are against because they don't understand it, but because they saw a youtube video saying it was bad then therefore it must be evil.
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Fatties ........................ lazy, greedy, smelly, a burden on NHS & society. No sir your bag is 5 kg over that'll be an extra £30 .....what about the 300lb fat c*nt, he is a fuel surcharge on his own ............... Ban the Whale

^^ not sure I believe that :lol: :lol:
Are We Too Deep ...............
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:00 pm

^^^ :lol: :lol: Oh no! This is gonna turn into the 'things I hate' thread :lol: :-(

Kami - I'll assume that's directed at me? Fair point and a fair protest too (you got a link to a youtube vid/blog about it?).

Although I wouldn't say I think GMO were good or bad. On that I am still undecided. I would say that from the little I've read on the subject it seems like greed/money rather than social/environmental benefits are behind the commercialisation of this technology; and when greed and money are motivators in any given field I'd hazard a guess that the outcomes have mostly benefitted the minority rather than majority. I guess this is only to be expected when you consider how our socio-economic models have developed over this millennia.

The reason I thought I'd start this thread isn't really to say something is good or bad, because that ends up being subjective; obviously if you are head of Monsanto your definition of 'good' will be different to those of the parents whose children go to that school adjacent to where Monsanto have their testing grounds. And in the end only time will really determine whose 'good' is of greater significance.

The reason I thought I'd start this thread was really just to open peoples' minds up to things that maybe they didn't know were happening, mine included. Although if there ends up being a debate on an individual topic and benefit comes from that then that would also be 'good'.

As you can see from the 1st few minutes of that GMO video, not many people even know what a GMO is. It's those people I'm aiming this thread at, although not specifically about GMOs. There are a number of injustices and malpractices going on around the world that concern some people but others, like myself, are blissfully unaware of. I thought this could be a nice platform for people to share their concerns on these topics, and like I say, if open debate ensues then so be it.

Lastly, when over 1m people protested in London over the Iraq war, not one of them had conclusive proof that old Saddam didn't have WMDs and that our governments reasonings for war were unsound. That knowledge was impossible for them to have. But protest they did, and in the end they were proven right. It was only their concern that the course of action being proposed was the wrong one that led them to protest. Even if someone doesn't have all the facts at hand, they still have a right to voice their concern. And if that someone's voicing of their concern removes the veil of ignorance from others, and in turn helps form a social movement for the benefit of the majority, or the world we live in, then I'm all for it.

So peoples, feel free to post up anything that you feel relevant. Even if it is protesting at people protesting in ignorance :-D

---

I thought I'd add this link to the 'Fracking' thread seeing as it's relevant.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36850
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3834
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:12 pm

What do we want ....... a cure for Tourettes ................. when do we want it .................. cunt
Are We Too Deep ...............
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:22 pm

The Chancellor - 10's of thousands (in Scotland anyway) of children in food & fuel poverty , barely enough food to eat let alone heat it - allright lets help them by upping the Cash ISA to £15K :roll: :protest:
Are We Too Deep ...............
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Leven » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:19 pm

It's too late to protest against this really, but Gordon Brown et al for not capping/limiting/changing the rules for Banks bonuses/pay rises. If you're privately owned by shareholders, do what you like, but if you need a HUGE handout from the Treasury, then pay yourself a bonus, that's a crock of shite.

It's the equivalent of me borrowing from the bank, telling them I can't afford to pay it back, then buying myself a Ferrari.
Leven
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby JayP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:29 pm

Have you seen that "follow the frog" video? the one about the rain forests?

Its funny. However cynical me can't help thinking its just another attempt to assuade the masses that everything is fine. Just keep sitting on your asses, keep working in your shitty job, and keep buying stuff. Everything is fine! Everything is fine!!!!!

I could be wrong...
I could be right………?

...
I could be black….
I could be white…….. :lol:
JayP
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:06 am

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Stan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:49 pm

I would like to protest most strongly at people using the phase pop up its take off you don't pop up you take off I don't know where it came from but it needs to stop fecking pop up my arse its TAKE OFF
Stan
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:55 pm

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Kamikaze » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:42 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Fatties ........................ lazy, greedy, smelly, a burden on NHS & society. No sir your bag is 5 kg over that'll be an extra £30 .....what about the 300lb fat c*nt, he is a fuel surcharge on his own ............... Ban the Whale

^^ not sure I believe that :lol: :lol:



Oi leave me out of this!
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Kamikaze » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:20 pm

I'm trying not to sound like a dick here, but short on time and its a bit rushed so probably do!

Poo Stance wrote:^^^ :lol: :lol: Oh no! This is gonna turn into the 'things I hate' thread :lol: :-(

Kami - I'll assume that's directed at me? Fair point and a fair protest too (you got a link to a youtube vid/blog about it?).

Although I wouldn't say I think GMO were good or bad. On that I am still undecided. I would say that from the little I've read on the subject it seems like greed/money rather than social/environmental benefits are behind the commercialisation of this technology; and when greed and money are motivators in any given field I'd hazard a guess that the outcomes have mostly benefitted the minority rather than majority. I guess this is only to be expected when you consider how our socio-economic models have developed over this millennia.


Pretty much everything you own and use exists because someone wanted to make some money. Canals, Trains, cars, airoplanes, electric, north sea gas, surfboards. What sort of argument is "It can't be good because a corporation will make money out of it, rather than doing it out of the goodness of their little corporate hearts". Governments do things on a not for profit basis, and look how most of those projects work out.


Poo Stance wrote:The reason I thought I'd start this thread isn't really to say something is good or bad, because that ends up being subjective; obviously if you are head of Monsanto your definition of 'good' will be different to those of the parents whose children go to that school adjacent to where Monsanto have their testing grounds. And in the end only time will really determine whose 'good' is of greater significance.


Well how are you ever going to find out if you won't let anyone try it. However I take your point, there are plenty of cases of big corporations screwing over the plebs for the sake of profit (and they have a lot answer for, Erin Brokovich! i had to sit through 2 and half ours of that because of them). Thats why these things need objectively assessing by experts, and the risks mitigating, and tested thoroughly.

It still seems odd to me that these days a scientist says something and no one believes him, hippy in a kaftan smoking weed says its bad, well he's gotta be right hasn't he.


Poo Stance wrote: The reason I thought I'd start this thread was really just to open peoples' minds up to things that maybe they didn't know were happening, mine included. Although if there ends up being a debate on an individual topic and benefit comes from that then that would also be 'good'.

As you can see from the 1st few minutes of that GMO video, not many people even know what a GMO is. It's those people I'm aiming this thread at, although not specifically about GMOs. There are a number of injustices and malpractices going on around the world that concern some people but others, like myself, are blissfully unaware of. I thought this could be a nice platform for people to share their concerns on these topics, and like I say, if open debate ensues then so be it.


Fair enough people need to know, I find it hard to believe there are many people that have not heard about it, but hey, there must be a few.

Personally I feel a bit uneasy about gm, but there is a lot of good that can come out of it. Drought resistant crops (http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... y-results/), rice that stops poverty striken familys going blind (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_rice) . to harp on a bit more, it needs testing, but it does seem odd that whilst most people are trying to go more organic, they are trying to get us to even less organic.

Poo Stance wrote:Lastly, when over 1m people protested in London over the Iraq war, not one of them had conclusive proof that old Saddam didn't have WMDs and that our governments reasonings for war were unsound. That knowledge was impossible for them to have. But protest they did, and in the end they were proven right. It was only their concern that the course of action being proposed was the wrong one that led them to protest. Even if someone doesn't have all the facts at hand, they still have a right to voice their concern. And if that someone's voicing of their concern removes the veil of ignorance from others, and in turn helps form a social movement for the benefit of the majority, or the world we live in, then I'm all for it.


Personally I was against the gulf war, despot that he was, back then I thought it was pretty unlikely that saddam had anything that could have easily harmed us or the usa, we basically went over there (and afganistan) and killed hundreds of thousands of people to advertise missile systems and avenge the fact that the Americans had no airport security. When the main culprits were most probably the saudi's anyway.

People are right to protest all things they disagree with, but at least get a balanced view of things, rather than a knee jerk "ITS'S EVIL AND MUST BE BANNED" reaction. National treasure that Kelly Slater is, winning the world title 10 times (I lose count) and banging Pamela Anderson (didn't see him protesting modification then eh kelly) he's hardly an expert on GM is he.



Poo Stance wrote:So people, feel free to post up anything that you feel relevant. Even if it is protesting at people protesting in ignorance :-D

---

I thought I'd add this link to the 'Fracking' thread seeing as it's relevant.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36850



And don't start me on fracking again!


Anyway back to work.
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Kamikaze » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Stan wrote:I would like to protest most strongly at people using the phase pop up its take off you don't pop up you take off I don't know where it came from but it needs to stop fecking pop up my arse its TAKE OFF




So when you "pop up" from your belly to your feet it's called a take off?



Naaaaaaahhhhh you are making that up.
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:38 pm

I've set my adblocker to 'No Take-Offs'
Are We Too Deep ...............
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Stan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Saying pop up instead of take off is the mark of a kook
Stan
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:55 pm

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Leedsol » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Yeah, i wanna protest about keyboard warriors and keyboard chargers. I don't believe that the internet is a democratising force - it enables people to spout, mainly mediocre turgid shite (and i include myself in that)

Build a better community thru your work, family and consumption. There will be no great revolutions. Community can be fluid - online, work, geographical whatever

I have even less time than kam being a public servant dealing with increased workload with a declining workforce and having rejevted more cash in the private sector.

In support of one of his arguments http://themetapicture.com/angry-scienti ... -response/
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:37 pm
Location: watching dexter

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Leedsol » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:05 pm

But against his default setting that public service is bad and inefficient
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... rnalSearch
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:37 pm
Location: watching dexter

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby shackattack2 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 am

Vive le revolution :lol:

I'm not a pot smoker and I put my money where my mouth is working hard for a not for profit in an industry I'm happy with (could easily double my earnings). I also do a good amount of community work (Food co-ops, sustainable agriculture promotion etc). So in all I feel I am qualified to whinge a little about the state of the world today :lol:

The illusion of perpetual growth at the expense of your host is the ideology of the cancer cell.

The current economy is mostly based on bankers bluff (they lend money they don't have) and not representative of true value

We spout about living in a capitalist society however we have no capital. It's a casino economy with rigged odds and governments are the titty girls getting you drunk and encouraging you to spend money (which most can't afford) which the banks hoover up.

GMO food is bullshit (precautionary principle)

Fracking is bullshit (dude where's my watertable?)

Growing amount of Statute laws are bullshit (Great Britain PLC) and are impinging more on personal freedom; needs simplified; Natural and Sovereign Law principles to prevail

Society is a growing bureaucratic nightmare (puta says no)
http://tomsandbasil.com/
shackattack2
 
Posts: 1732
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Sunny Coast

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:53 pm

shackattack2 wrote:
We spout about living in a capitalist society however we have no capital. It's a casino economy with rigged odds and governments are the titty girls getting you drunk and encouraging you to spend money (which most can't afford) which the banks hoover up.



^^ The phrase that Pays for the month of March for me 8)

I'm starting a personal campaign about the time it takes staff in petrol stations to 'CLICK THE FUCKING BUTTON' to activate the pumps ............... what's wrong with them :evil:
Are We Too Deep ...............
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby shackattack2 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:43 am

Recommend this documentary for anyone interested in understanding the background to growing socio/economic problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... fbvquHSPJU

Its not a "conspiracy nut" video.

I want to protest about getting labelled as a conspiracy nut spouting crap over the internet when stating facts which go against the majority view ? :wink: :lol:

As they say truth sets you free
http://tomsandbasil.com/
shackattack2
 
Posts: 1732
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Sunny Coast

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Kamikaze » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:40 pm

shackattack2 wrote:Recommend this documentary for anyone interested in understanding the background to growing socio/economic problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... fbvquHSPJU

Its not a "conspiracy nut" video.

I want to protest about getting labelled as a conspiracy nut spouting crap over the internet when stating my beliefs which go against the majority view ? :wink: :lol:

As they say truth sets you free



fixed
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:26 pm

^^ is this a where's Wally - what exactly did you fix :?
Are We Too Deep ...............
User avatar
ATTMFKH
 
Posts: 8955
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: THE CULT of WHEY

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Leedsol » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:02 pm

Once had a conversation with a builder. He said he does a lot of off books work so he can pay for a few flats in the Canaries. He's sick of paying benefits for immigrants coming here, not integrating, taking our jobs. Said it's why he loves wintering in Gran Canaria as its like England of old, proper chip shops, pubs, white folk. No, he said, why would he speak to the dagos when all his uk mates are there.

Asked what happens when he's old, senile, can't wipe his own arse, got cancer. Oh he'll come back them to access the NHS that he's not paid for. Asked how his grandkid is doing at school - great, great primary, one of the best in the state system where he lives. Oh, lucky I fucking pay for all this then innit.

Anyway Artisan Markets, fuck off, how much for a loaf of bread. Jesus sandal wearing freaks
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:37 pm
Location: watching dexter

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Kamikaze » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
shackattack2 wrote:Recommend this documentary for anyone interested in understanding the background to growing socio/economic problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... fbvquHSPJU

Its not a "conspiracy nut" video.

I want to protest about getting labelled as a conspiracy nut spouting crap over the internet when stating my beliefs which go against the majority view ? :wink: :lol:

As they say truth sets you free



fixed
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Kamikaze » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Leedsol wrote:Once had a conversation with a builder. He said he does a lot of off books work so he can pay for a few flats in the Canaries. He's sick of paying benefits for immigrants coming here, not integrating, taking our jobs. Said it's why he loves wintering in Gran Canaria as its like England of old, proper chip shops, pubs, white folk. No, he said, why would he speak to the dagos when all his uk mates are there.

Asked what happens when he's old, senile, can't wipe his own arse, got cancer. Oh he'll come back them to access the NHS that he's not paid for. Asked how his grandkid is doing at school - great, great primary, one of the best in the state system where he lives. Oh, lucky I fucking pay for all this then innit.

Anyway Artisan Markets, fuck off, how much for a loaf of bread. Jesus sandal wearing freaks



Sooooo he's fed up with foreigners coming over here and making england like their home country, and gone abroad and is turning the canaries into England. Nowt like double standards.

If someone can come over here, with a poor grasp of English, have no local contacts or local knowledge and take your job, well you are probably pretty shite at your job.
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby shackattack2 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:19 am

Kamikaze wrote:I want to protest about getting labelled as a conspiracy nut spouting crap over the internet when stating fact which go against the majority view ?


I only state truth and fact :wink: I am willing to provide evidence to substantiate what I stated previously. I will even sign a sworn affidavit under penalty of perjury if you like.

A general question (for anyone interested): Out of all the taxes you pay.... GST, rates, income tax etc etc...what percentage of that goes toward servicing the collective community (bin collections, roads maintenance, NHS etc)?

Personally I don't blame anyone that chooses to opt out of paying income tax. We managed to operate just fine before, and who wants to fund organised crime anyway? How about taxing what we consume rather than what we earn?

BTW I'm a capitalist and not a socialist. That's why I don't believe in bankers bail outs. How socialist is that? Socialism for top minorities, slavery for minorities. That's a fact. I don't like fear mongering either; that's why I get pissed when I see fictional finance institutions manipulating people into states of hardship via pure bluff (sub prime mortgage lending in America worked out pretty well for the banks; pity about the working class folk). And people perpetuating that fear mongering false flag BS with pseudo economic arguments.
http://tomsandbasil.com/
shackattack2
 
Posts: 1732
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Sunny Coast

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby The Hoff » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:11 am

shackattack2 wrote:A general question (for anyone interested): Out of all the taxes you pay.... GST, rates, income tax etc etc...what percentage of that goes toward servicing the collective community (bin collections, roads maintenance, NHS etc)?

I'd say that a lot of it is paying off the interest being charged by the Federal Reserve Bank on its loans to the Government.

shackattack2 wrote:Personally I don't blame anyone that chooses to opt out of paying income tax. We managed to operate just fine before, and who wants to fund organised crime anyway? How about taxing what we consume rather than what we earn?

Spot on. It's also eugenics; basically a minority of obscenely rich banking dynasties, like the Rothschilds in Europe and the Rockerfellers in the States, for example, harvesting profit from people who they think deserve to die by financing war (usually both sides), genocide and drugs in order to redline areas into ruin so that they can buy back said areas for a fraction of their worth and then sell them on for profit. The sooner everyone realises how badly they're being fucked over and begins the process of closing down the privately owned Federal Reserve Banks the better. It has to be the biggest scam in human history.

And yeah, that Four Horsemen film is a must watch for everyone.
User avatar
The Hoff
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:16 pm

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby shackattack2 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:12 am

Yes and yes :-)

They basically destroyed America…the free constitution was too much of a threat to the false economy. Systematic screwing beginning with the privatization of the “Federal” Reserve.

Notice America isn’t announcing debt ceiling limits anymore? And all this BS they are trying to pull with Ukraine/Russia/Syria. False Flag? I predict American dollar will be toilet paper very shortly, and they want a distraction as to the real reason why.
This is my THEORY anyway ;-)

My recommendation for anyone looking to affect a change is to really understand the Law systems and use the intelligence to claim your rights. Good place to start is with Dean Clifford: http://deanclifford.info/
Start by realizing there is a difference between what's lawful and what's legal. The Emperor has no clothes

And if you want help standing up against fraudulent financial institutions using completely lawful methods: http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/

As the so called governments are being exposed as corrupted agents for a minority is it not our duty to rid ourselves of the interlopers by exercising Natural/Sovereign rights?
http://tomsandbasil.com/
shackattack2
 
Posts: 1732
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Sunny Coast

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby shackattack2 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:45 am

http://tomsandbasil.com/
shackattack2
 
Posts: 1732
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Sunny Coast

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Leedsol » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:34 pm

^That is possibly the worst video I've ever seen. What a narcisssistic twat he is. just 'cos you may share the same views does not mean its a good video. That's known as 'self-fulfilling phropecy'. 'Statute laws don't apply to him' - almost Jimmy Savillian in his belief. Sexual Offences are statute not common law, copyright is statute. Hope is grandmother never gets raped or murdered and he has to avail himself of the police, courts or medical services to seek justice.

Terming yourself as capitalist is riddiculous. If, as I suspect you don't mean, Adam Smith's capitalism then let's hope you or your family don't ever get ill and have to avail yourself of state built hospitals such that you would have to eschew your beliefs.

I think, if you have a long hard look at yourself you'd be more inclined to social democracy as per this video, which I found from a simple google, though just 'cos I believe the speaker is putting forward a viable proposition does not make it true http://vimeo.com/53500398
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:37 pm
Location: watching dexter

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby shackattack2 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:34 am

Worst video you've ever seen is a pretty big claim.

“A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behaviour”. – Wiki

Do you mean I was being biased? :?

Common Law – Do not harm your fellow man. If you interfere sexually with another human without their wishes then you have caused harm. There is a clear victim. It’s not a tool to do whatever you like, which seems to be what you are saying. My point is you are free to challenge statutes to higher law authority in the hierarchy of laws that exist, if for example you have concerns about the “authority” that created the statute.

You have chosen snippets of information, added it to your predisposed ignorance, and come to a weird conclusion.

I’m attracted to the more classical economic model pre fiat –Direct effort to reward. More employee owned businesses, less monopolisation and self regulation trends at top level, less obscurity. Tax what you consume rather than what you produce. This would mean more pressure to utilise resources efficiently. Economic reset. Peg economic value on real assets. Arrest the scammers that have contrived interest rates. Get rid of the coke snorting fucking criminals. Whatever way you want to classify/label that belief is entirely up to you.
http://tomsandbasil.com/
shackattack2
 
Posts: 1732
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Sunny Coast

Next

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron