The great big MSW protest thread!

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Re: The great big MSW protest thread!

Postby Kamikaze » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:31 am

shackattack2 wrote:Good video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwV7Rg73vBs

Was that Wolverine?
Kamikaze

Postby Leedsol » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 am

Your last paragraph (not Kamikaze's whose comment is more apt and succint) almost paraphrases Adam Smith's economics which is, absent agreement that monopolisation hurts, almost universally derided and seen as the preserve of the far right/survivalist set. It is not political science in that it is not a template. It's laissez faire approach is absent of policy towards the disabled, elderly and people who cannot, for whatever reason, access the markets. Slavery occurred pre-fiat for example. Mental health is another example - not covered by Adam Smith exponents but a ticking time bomb especially with the skunk fucking up a lot of people who smoke far too much as kids as it is far from the begpnighn stuff that Neil Young, McCartney and the like have been smoking for decades. Such people might not be able to access the market - do we reject them for the foolish choices of their youth? You can only put forward a scientific approach and template if it covers all variables, reident scientist Vince will tell you that.

I'm just glad to live in the safest era in history and in one of the safest places. That is a simplistic comment when one considers the disgrace of Syria, Israel, Afghanistan (pre and post Taliban) etc ad nauseum but there we are.
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol

Postby shackattack2 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Your laziness is pretty typical. “Everything seems fine now so why bother changing”.

It seems you also have a lazy mind as you are hell bent in locking me into a box using your narrow schematic range. Then you argue against that box, as if that discredits me. It doesn’t make any sense. If you want to put forward a specific point for arguing with me, rather than creating confusion with whimsical emotion, then fine. I like to be systematic and factual. How about Food policy?

I am a scientist (MSc and practicing 10 years (sorry, ego)). I have an affinity for Natural Law. Gravity is absolute. Statutes are open to interpretation.
http://tomsandbasil.com/
shackattack2

Postby Leedsol » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Never said everything is fine as I recall. I mentioned above some of the modern disgraces and I have in the past particularly regarding the constant derision given by some to the public sector which demonstrates how easily people are taken in Murdoch and Mail headlines. Why people allow overseas owners to dictate our societal views is a travesty. Few know that the owner of the Daily Mail comes from a family who supported Hitler and who have not paid tax in the Uk for approaching a century - think on that for a moment and try to reconcile with the Mails constant barrage of benefit and tax cheats. The owner lives in a West Indies tax haven.

Personal attacks of being lazy does your cause an injustice as you have accepted yourself (David Icke thread post of 3.1.11) that some of your pronouncements that failed to find support were the result of hastily googling quotes and you sought to resile from them. Have you done so here? I suspect hasty googling has perhaps been part of this thread and betrays your proposition that your views come from rigorous scientific endeavour.

You have also conceded to weed addiction in the past. Now scientists cannot agree if there is such a thing though I do believe, from empirical experience, that constantly smoking it can be damaging to a person's paranoia and render them open to beliefs in conspiracy as could addiction to alcohol. I concede medicinal benefits in cannabis/pysch drugs in controlled environments and moderate ingestion in others as everyone likes to get fucking hammered once in a while on their drug of choice. [To digress for a moment someone I know who made a shitload of money in the entertainment industry now spends all their time smoking skunk while on the net googling conspiracy theories and seeking out sites that confirm their beliefs and rejecting those that do not - self-fulfilling prophecy. One of his best mates has been in and out of pych wards for the last twenty years with similar views and recently sent down for four years for walking round our hometown with a shotgun looking for evil doers (chicken or egg does spring to mind tho' - what came first, the smoking or the MH problems)]. I don't know if your 'addiction' has led to you not rigorously checking and re-checking your views but if I wanted to go on personal attacks then I could lazily do that but I do not. In doing so I hope you concede that I am not lazy.

I guess, in sum, what I'm trying to say is 'don't spout fucking bullshit'
Leedsol

Postby shackattack2 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:27 am

Ignorance is laziness and you have been very ignorant with me. I’m sure like most you work very hard in your profession. I don’t wish to bring people down - just defending.

My view is slightly more refined to 3 years ago during my first foray into what you could say is an alternative perspective. Whilst I agree with some of David Icke I find he is fear mongering in his delivery.

In terms of economics, interesting to see some of the “conspiracy theorist” premonitions coming to fruition and hitting the mainstream lines. Question mark over that being the result of people reading about it and manifesting through this self fulfilling prophecy process you seem to know so much about. And many credible sources advocating what they were saying.
The Bank of England are self confessed mainstream bullshit spouters:
http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q1prereleasemoneycreation.pdf

It is fact that Interest rates have and are being contrived to suit a very small minority. Consider the Libor scandal. I’m not on here creating threads about conspiracy theory; just followed up the protest thread with pertinent factual issues, theories for change. Credible challenges welcome. That’s what keeps us learning.

Common Law is a pretty fundamental foundation of “Western” society. Are you saying practitioners of Common Law such as the High Judges of the Queens Bench are paranoid fringe dwelling pot smokers too? Arghhhhhhhhhhh I’m confused. Where’s the bong.

On the topic of weed. I am very glad that I didn’t discover skunk until my 20’s and I agree it is very strong compared to days of yore and not healthy. Still got my 2:1 and MSc at Uni so I was functional I guess. Had a big circle of mates. Traveled Asia a couple of times. Worked part time. But I stopped once I began full time work. Then I was made redundant due to recession and had a down period and started smoking again - mostly to escape the boredom of grey skies and a country town.

Made a move to Australia. Met a beautiful women. Now live in a house with a panoramic surfline view of a torquiose ocean in Noosa National Park. 17km beach for a front yard. Surf when there’s swell. Job that lets me work from home often. My addictions now stem to yoga, health food and surfing. Not much of a drinker. When not surfing I’ll be with my fiancé tramping round the mountains. So I guess not a bad achievement for a paranoid shotgun totting ex pot smoking loony with an itchy trigger keyboard finger :wink:

Again I’ve stated plenty of fact. Like to think I haven’t been forcing my opinion on anyone. You have every right to debate. Just don’t be an oaf.
shackattack2

Postby Leedsol » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 pm

my views in brackets

shackattack2 wrote:Ignorance is laziness and you have been very ignorant with me. I’m sure like most you work very hard in your profession. I don’t wish to bring people down - just defending. (disagree)

My view is slightly more refined to 3 years ago during my first foray into what you could say is an alternative perspective. Whilst I agree with some of David Icke I find he is fear mongering in his delivery. (Glad to hear that and hope that your googling in more rigorous than 3 years ago when you conceded picking and choosing to suit your arguments)

In terms of economics, interesting to see some of the “conspiracy theorist” premonitions coming to fruition and hitting the mainstream lines. Question mark over that being the result of people reading about it and manifesting through this self fulfilling prophecy process you seem to know so much about. And many credible sources advocating what they were saying.
The Bank of England are self confessed mainstream bullshit spouters:
http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q1prereleasemoneycreation.pdf (agree, a seeming disgrace, should be prosecuted if evidence proves this, not read enough to be able to offer further comment but if one puts forward a thouasand conpiracy theories then some are gonna hit the mark)

It is fact that Interest rates have and are being contrived to suit a very small minority. Consider the Libor scandal. I’m not on here creating threads about conspiracy theory; just followed up the protest thread with pertinent factual issues, theories for change. Credible challenges welcome. That’s what keeps us learning.

Common Law is a pretty fundamental foundation of “Western” society. Are you saying practitioners of Common Law such as the High Judges of the Queens Bench are paranoid fringe dwelling pot smokers too? Arghhhhhhhhhhh I’m confused. Where’s the bong. (in fact the codification of law by The Romans is the foundation of Western society, developed by the Magna Carta and interpeted by High Court. I never once said practitioners of common law are deluded. Having studied WB, CA, HL judgements for 30 years then I can professionally confirm that they are, in the main, sound, reasonable and in tune with the reasonable man. Such judges, while drawn from a limited pool historically, act as a great check to corporations and Governments - in the main),

On the topic of weed. I am very glad that I didn’t discover skunk until my 20’s and I agree it is very strong compared to days of yore and not healthy. Still got my 2:1 and MSc at Uni so I was functional I guess. Had a big circle of mates. Traveled Asia a couple of times. Worked part time. But I stopped once I began full time work. Then I was made redundant due to recession and had a down period and started smoking again - mostly to escape the boredom of grey skies and a country town.

Made a move to Australia. Met a beautiful women. Now live in a house with a panoramic surfline view of a torquiose ocean in Noosa National Park. 17km beach for a front yard. Surf when there’s swell. Job that lets me work from home often. My addictions now stem to yoga, health food and surfing. Not much of a drinker. When not surfing I’ll be with my fiancé tramping round the mountains. So I guess not a bad achievement for a paranoid shotgun totting ex pot smoking loony with an itchy trigger keyboard finger :wink: (very pleased for you. I gamble that you will become a social democrat if you have family or ever need to avail yourself of help that you and yours cannot provide. If you develop wealth you will want to pass that on. You will want to help others as you can but have others want to help themselves too when they can. You will want corporations to be adventurous, responsible and not monopolistic. You are at a point right now, I suspect, where you think I have done all this off my own back - why can't others. This can lead to slight narccissim but you will draw back from this in time as you mature. I don't say this to be ignorant - it is just the pyschological trajectory you are on. The theories you currently support simply don't address how we deal with disabled people, the old, infirm, mentally ill - social democracy tries to. You may be lucky and physcially able all your life so may never need to confront that - the chances are you will not. We live in neoliberal times. If I was you Chomsky would be a better read than the websites you currently access - I said this three years ago and restate it now)
Again I’ve stated plenty of fact. Like to think I haven’t been forcing my opinion on anyone. You have every right to debate. Just don’t be an oaf.
Leedsol

Postby shackattack2 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Leedsol wrote:(Glad to hear that and hope that your googling in more rigorous than 3 years ago when you conceded picking and choosing to suit your arguments)

I am open minded with a scientific logic - test and reset theory according to feedback.

"Leedsol"](agree, a seeming disgrace, should be prosecuted if evidence proves this,

Evidence did prove this. Prosected for a token amount, meanwhile honest investors cheated out of trillions. That's what happens with that kind of self regulation.

not read enough to be able to offer further comment but if one puts forward a thouasand conpiracy theories then some are gonna hit the mark

:-| Right oh

Leedsol wrote:(in fact the codification of law by The Romans is the foundation of Western society, developed by the Magna Carta and interpeted by High Court. I never once said practitioners of common law are deluded. Having studied WB, CA, HL judgements for 30 years then I can professionally confirm that they are, in the main, sound, reasonable and in tune with the reasonable man. Such judges, while drawn from a limited pool historically, act as a great check to corporations and Governments - in the main)

True. Thats why Latin is so prominent in the legal system.. I'm sure you could follow those foundations all the way to Natural Law...the "big bang" etc. Whats your point? You seemed to think sexual offence was not covered under Common Law. Dean Clifford highlighting Common/Natural Law, which you slated. Your understanding is contradictory and confusing :?

Leedsol wrote:very pleased for you. I gamble that you will become a social democrat if you have family or ever need to avail yourself of help that you and yours cannot provide

:lol: Here we go again. Is that a self fullfilling prophecy?
http://youtu.be/Cg_8knBHEyw

Love Chomsky. Partner has his quotes all over the house. He's quite prominent in Four Horsemen (video I posted). If you want a decent understanding of the economy I suggest you start there. Your problem seems to be a lack of fluidity. Never to late to change. As you get older you do tend to become more stubborn, grumpy, and less inclined to change. Not saying that to be ignorant. Patronising? :wink:
shackattack2

Postby Leedsol » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:11 pm

er, ok

I prefer the Ed Asner video http://youtu.be/S6ZsXrzF8Cc

There is no gettng away from it, everyone is a social democrat unless they're absolute c*nts, which you cannot be with your enquiring mind.

Bit weird tho' innit having Chomsky quotes all over your house. As Vince Noir says in the Mighty Boosh 'sounds like a riot'. I'd fucking bin her
Last edited by Leedsol on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leedsol

Postby shackattack2 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:11 am

Lol. Great advice thanks I'll put that up on the wall. Well it's been a riot but I Must dash. Suns shinning. Waters 26 degrees. Swells Head high. Winds offshore. Hoo roo
shackattack2

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Watched a bit of that four horsemen vid. Interesting ta.

Kam - you didn't sound like a dick. Don't really have the arse to reply atm though, sorry. Protest on peeps, it's interesting and entertaining :-D
Poo Stance

Postby Philchapman » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:43 pm

And... another thread dredge...

Slater knows the score...

http://wearechange.org/kelly-slater-vot ... -monsanto/
Shamanarchy in the U.K.
Philchapman

Postby danny1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:33 pm

wow great interview!!!!! he just jumped another 30% respect from me
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak