i dont know about you but....

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

i dont know about you but....

Postby lefty » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:28 pm

it feels like we're moving backwards, consciously & morally, no ?

a generalisation of course...

though take Trump for example. He's like a parody of himself. exaggerated in a way that only seems acceptable due to the last 10yrs + of trashy reality TV thats been force fed down the throats of the comfortably numb. A poor excuse of a man, more a spoilt child in an adult suit as he ups TV ratings by rousing the ugly side of simple / ignoramus humans. a truly dangerous and deplorable person.

He reminds me of the comment section from an article on the Stab website....

anyway, an interesting read and the main purpose of the thread here >> ( nothing to do with Trump )

http://www.eraofwisdom.org/dealing-with ... s-to-know/
User avatar
lefty
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: i dont know about you but....

Postby roberdy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:27 pm

lefty wrote:it feels like we're moving backwards, consciously & morally, no ?


moving or being moved? Is the system getting more pervasive or more perverse? Are the depths of psychopathy being plumbed by the 1% deeper than ever before or have we just modernised and digitized depravity to the extent that they can reach into every aspect of every person's life globally and make us dance like puppets? Do you ignore it, stick your head in the sand and keep running on the wheel or do you accept it, live your life in a system you will defeat yourself trying to defeat and carve out your own little space, be safe, have some "fun" and get some waves?
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4269
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: i dont know about you but....

Postby Leven » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:43 pm

Thing is, the world is pretty much f***** up in it's entirety. Lacking in humanity from all over the world. Until human nature changes from "me me me" to "us us us" nothing else will change.

And how do you change human nature?
Leven
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: i dont know about you but....

Postby danny1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:10 pm

woah mate you need to get out of the current circles you move in.

Its not all fucked.

Its fucked in some places.

there's developments taking place that will help to solve some of the fuck places.

where do you live again? its not city is it?
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1
 
Posts: 9178
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: northeast

Re: i dont know about you but....

Postby lefty » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:17 pm

roberdy wrote:
lefty wrote:it feels like we're moving backwards, consciously & morally, no ?


moving or being moved?


quite...
User avatar
lefty
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: i dont know about you but....

Postby lefty » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Leven wrote:Thing is, the world is pretty much f***** up in it's entirety. Lacking in humanity from all over the world. Until human nature changes from "me me me" to "us us us" nothing else will change.

And how do you change human nature?



i dont think its human nature thats made the masses "me me me", more a man made conditioning. for what objective, that entirely depends on what you believe or feel you might know about a percieved bigger picture.

roberdy's post pretty much sums it up, though id replace, be safe, with be nice.


be nice !!!?!??11!

yeah, be nice. not hard is it? ( not soley directed at you Leven )
User avatar
lefty
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: i dont know about you but....

Postby Leven » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:08 pm

lefty wrote:
Leven wrote:Thing is, the world is pretty much f***** up in it's entirety. Lacking in humanity from all over the world. Until human nature changes from "me me me" to "us us us" nothing else will change.

And how do you change human nature?



i dont think its human nature thats made the masses "me me me", more a man made conditioning. for what objective, that entirely depends on what you believe or feel you might know about a percieved bigger picture.

roberdy's post pretty much sums it up, though id replace, be safe, with be nice.


be nice !!!?!??11!

yeah, be nice. not hard is it? ( not soley directed at you Leven )



Isn't that the problem though? A huge % of people just aren't nice. They're selfish. How many people would step in if they saw someone being mugged? Or beaten up? It's a pretty small number.

It's a mix of conditioning and human nature I reckon. Human nature is to improve, whether that's getting to the moon, inventing the wheel or whatever. These days though, for most people, that improvement seems to be pretty selfish. Not everyone obviously, but a huge number of people just don't think/care about others.


danny1 wrote:woah mate you need to get out of the current circles you move in.

Its not all fucked.

Its fucked in some places.

there's developments taking place that will help to solve some of the fuck places.

where do you live again? its not city is it?



I'm pretty lucky with the circles I move in! Just a wider perception.
Leven
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:07 pm


Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron